“an absolutely wonderful day”

Tours in Provence - Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 42 Tours in Aix-en-Provence
More attraction details
Owner description: A private tour will be planned to fulfill your wishes of Provence. To make this tour and this visit of Provence a complete success, tell us what you want to see, know, taste, listen and try... And we will come up with a completely tailor made trip. Tours in Provence is the opportunity to discover the characteristics and diversities of our culture and amazing landscapes.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were on a cruise from Barcelona to Rome. There was much to enjoy and our day in Aix-en-Provence stood out as the most memorable of our trip because of the charm and beauty of that wonderful city, and the terrific work of our guide, Cecile. We recommend her and Aix-en-Provence as fantastic. Thank you Cecile!

Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Merci,
I am very happy that you had enjoy your day in Aix en Provence.
Thank you for your comment, that is really my aim, to make your day in Provence a great day!
Hope to see you back in the south of France there is so many area to visit.
All the best

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were a bit disappointed in our tour. I chose this tour because of the great feedback I read from trip advisor. However, our group of 5 felt that there wasn't much information shared about the places we went to or much enthusiasm from our guide. The tour just didn't come alive. We have taken tours with other independent tour guides in Europe and this tour fell short of our expectations.

We also suggest for you to clarify the lunch arrangements clearly. Cecile recommended a wonderful restaurant in Arles which are thankful for but we were quite surprised that we were also expected to treat her for lunch. Other guides usually give us some time for lunch then we meet up again. In

1  Thank globalfoody
Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Bonjour,
All comments make me improve my tours.
Of course the majority are more than positives.
But I take good note that you had enjoy that restaurant.
I have been many times and you are right the comments are all positive and the food excellent.

I always try to answer to my clients requests and listen to their expectations and I will continue.
I am sorry to have misunderstood but I fount you were enjoying the day as your attitude and comment have been all day very positive. I will have welcome your comments during the day but again you didn’t ask for more information and I had the feeling that your were interested by my guiding.

If my travellers welcome me to join them for the lunch, I really enjoy sharing that special moment.
Because all the nationalities that I had welcome in Provence for one day or more enjoy our food local and seasonal with a light dressing and the AOC Olive Oil.

Regarding the restaurant I believe that is more than the value of my lunch, if not send me the balance. On the 22nd Sept, I have refund you 50€ (deposit that you had pay on PayPal).
Of course nobody as to pay for me.

Best regards

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We had an excellent time on our tour with Cecile this summer. We scheduled a private tour with Cecile after our ship had docked . The tour was everything (and more) of what we wanted in Aix-en provence. We are a family of 4 (2 teenage boys) and Cecile made the sights interesting for the entire family. The villages were beautiful. The sights and smells of the market were amazing. Cecile had a great attention to detail and given that she is a native of the region we got to see both touristy areas and areas of great interest that only a native would know. We will definitely use her again during our next trip to Provence region.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank sangfamily2013
Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Bonjour,
It will be a great pleasure to welcome you again in Provence, Aix en Provence it's a great city to start with the discovery of Provence.
I am sure that all the family will enjoy to come back. As I told you any information you may need to plan your future holiday please let me know.
A tour to the Camague will be a great day in the nature and we could go and visit the towns of Les Sainte Maries de la Mer and Aigues Mortes...
Thank you again to have chosen my services.
Merci

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Cecile has brought new perception for me & my wife about France. If you want to see good service, clean cities/villages & beautiful France, aix en Provence with Cecile is the best choice. Even when we went back to Paris, we think we better spend more time in Aix then Paris.
Thank you very much Cecile for your assistant

1  Thank Mfazriyulianto

Bonjour, Hello !
Many thanks for choosing my services and for your kind comments.
Of course Provence is a great area of France. And thanks to the high speed train Tgv Aix en Provence to Paris you can do both, the great city and the beautiful rich provençal area.
If you plan to come back we will plan together which area we may explore. Hope to see you back here in the futur.
Best regards, a bientôt

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We spent two nights in Aix after three days in paris, we wanted to spend a full day visiting sea side villages before driving to hill-top villages of Luberon. Although we are used to driving to everywhere in Europe, we decided to look for a day tour from Aix, so I (husband) can relax and enjoy everything without worrying about finding places, parking a car or finding a nice restaurant to eat lunch. So we found 'Tours in Provence' & Cecile (tour guide) because a high rating in tripadvisor. On our request to visit the Mediterranean sea, Cecile took us to Cassis and nearby fishing villages in a very comfortable nicely air-condtioned van. As other reviewers indicated, Cecile is very knowledgeable, thoughtful, and well organized. She is a simply very nice person who speaks excellent English and very comfortable to be with. This meant a lot to us, because instead of feeling that we are with an efficient tour guide all day, we felt after a short period of time as if we were with a family friend. The tour began with a visit to a field where we can see Mount St. Victoire, the favorite subject of Paul Cezanne. Then, she introduced us to a wonderful boat ride to Calanques, a very nice sea food restaurant on the coast, and gave us an exciting ride to a top of Cap Canaille that rises directly from the sea. What a fantastic view of the sea and its surroundings from there. Then we went to a next fishing village, La Ciotat where we had a cold drink. Overall this tour matched a fantastic private day tour we took last year from San Sebastian, Spain (see my review). So if you have a day or two, don't miss a day tour from Aix with Cecile to one of many beautiful destinations.

1  Thank sensei62
Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Bonjour !
Thank you for your nice comments! I am pleased to read that you enjoy your day tour to the Mediteranean cost, Cassis with the Calanques is a fantastic area, the boat ride is really impressive.
I remember this cold drink at the shade of the planetrees, by a pretty fountain, was a very relaxing moment for the three of us.
It is great to see the country side and the cost Provence !
Merci à bientôt