“2 Days in Provence”

Tours in Provence - Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 40 Tours in Aix-en-Provence
More attraction details
Owner description: A private tour will be planned to fulfill your wishes of Provence. To make this tour and this visit of Provence a complete success, tell us what you want to see, know, taste, listen and try... And we will come up with a completely tailor made trip. Tours in Provence is the opportunity to discover the characteristics and diversities of our culture and amazing landscapes.
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 Days in Provence”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We just had two days tour with Cécile Beillieu. First day we went to Avignon and Pont Du Gard and second day we went to Luberon. It was a great experience for us, we had beautiful moments. Cécile has very good knowledge about the area we visited, she explained well, also gives us good recommendations. So when you come to Aix, don't get lost, just contact Cécile. Merci beaucoup Cécile!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank aswintjahjadi
Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Merci !
Thank you again for joining my tours, it was great to welcome you in France. The luberon is indeed one of the nicest area in Provence but as we say you may come back to discover more. Staying in Aix en Provence and going to Avignon you have seen great monuments too.
Hope that you had enjoy your eurpean tour.
Merci
Cécile!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Stunning Experience”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Without doubt one of the highlights of our six weeks in Europe were the two tours we enjoyed with Cécile Beillieu's Tours in Provence. Three seniors & an adult young man with a disability would seem to be a problem for most tour operators but Cécile took it all in her stride.
Our one day tours of the Camargue & the Luberon were joyous experiences. Cécile is not only incredibly well-informed but a gifted communicator whose love of these areas is a joy to behold. Our bucket list of 'must-sees' was quickly noted and integrated into the itinerary & as a retired professional photographer I was provided with all the best locations.
Tours in Provence include relaxing stops in exotic village restaurants for coffee breaks & lunch. This is a five star experience and we all heartily recommend it. Thank you Cécile!

Garry Benson, Rita, John & David Langler
Adelaide & Coffs Harbour Australia

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Garry B
Bonjour Rita, David, John and Garry,
That is very kind of you, for me as well it was great to share those two lovely days with you. I am very happy that you enjoy the Camargue, it's a great area where the nature is very well preserved. Garry I have seen your pictures they are so beautiful, specialy the pink flamingo and the white horses !
I will be very happy to see you all again in the France, many thanks
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“an absolutely wonderful day”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were on a cruise from Barcelona to Rome. There was much to enjoy and our day in Aix-en-Provence stood out as the most memorable of our trip because of the charm and beauty of that wonderful city, and the terrific work of our guide, Cecile. We recommend her and Aix-en-Provence as fantastic. Thank you Cecile!

Visited October 2013
Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Merci,
I am very happy that you had enjoy your day in Aix en Provence.
Thank you for your comment, that is really my aim, to make your day in Provence a great day!
Hope to see you back in the south of France there is so many area to visit.
All the best
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Maybe it was an off day?”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were a bit disappointed in our tour. I chose this tour because of the great feedback I read from trip advisor. However, our group of 5 felt that there wasn't much information shared about the places we went to or much enthusiasm from our guide. The tour just didn't come alive. We have taken tours with other independent tour guides in Europe and this tour fell short of our expectations.

We also suggest for you to clarify the lunch arrangements clearly. Cecile recommended a wonderful restaurant in Arles which are thankful for but we were quite surprised that we were also expected to treat her for lunch. Other guides usually give us some time for lunch then we meet up again. In

Visited September 2013
1 Thank globalfoody
Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Bonjour,
All comments make me improve my tours.
Of course the majority are more than positives.
But I take good note that you had enjoy that restaurant.
I have been many times and you are right the comments are all positive and the food excellent.

I always try to answer to my clients requests and listen to their expectations and I will continue.
I am sorry to have misunderstood but I fount you were enjoying the day as your attitude and comment have been all day very positive. I will have welcome your comments during the day but again you didn’t ask for more information and I had the feeling that your were interested by my guiding.

If my travellers welcome me to join them for the lunch, I really enjoy sharing that special moment.
Because all the nationalities that I had welcome in Provence for one day or more enjoy our food local and seasonal with a light dressing and the AOC Olive Oil.

Regarding the restaurant I believe that is more than the value of my lunch, if not send me the balance. On the 22nd Sept, I have refund you 50€ (deposit that you had pay on PayPal).
Of course nobody as to pay for me.

Best regards
Jamison, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our expert tour in Aix-en-Provence”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We had an excellent time on our tour with Cecile this summer. We scheduled a private tour with Cecile after our ship had docked . The tour was everything (and more) of what we wanted in Aix-en provence. We are a family of 4 (2 teenage boys) and Cecile made the sights interesting for the entire family. The villages were beautiful. The sights and smells of the market were amazing. Cecile had a great attention to detail and given that she is a native of the region we got to see both touristy areas and areas of great interest that only a native would know. We will definitely use her again during our next trip to Provence region.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank sangfamily2013
Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Bonjour,
It will be a great pleasure to welcome you again in Provence, Aix en Provence it's a great city to start with the discovery of Provence.
I am sure that all the family will enjoy to come back. As I told you any information you may need to plan your future holiday please let me know.
A tour to the Camague will be a great day in the nature and we could go and visit the towns of Les Sainte Maries de la Mer and Aigues Mortes...
Thank you again to have chosen my services.
Merci