“Lovely time. Beautiful art. Hot day.”

Quatrinaime Art Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Drawing classes, Painting classes, Sketchbook workshop in Aix en Provence and surrounding areas... Learn to look, to draw spontaneously (places, people...), Let your creativity flow... Writing, collage, water color are used to illustrate the sketchbook. No special skills in drawing are required (beginners are welcome).
Carlsbad, California
“Lovely time. Beautiful art. Hot day.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It was a hot hot day in early June. "Unseasonably warm." We walked to a little park for some shade. I have had art experience, my husband had not. We both learned an equal amount, I would say. Catherine's teaching is really great. Gentle and spot on. I learned so much and really enjoyed talking with her and seeing the city, and the art, through her eyes. A very fun and valuable addition to our Provence trip! Highly recommended!

Visited June 2014

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great class”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Catherine showed us a whole new way to look at drawing - very freeing - lots of fun. Thanks so much Catherine!!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was fortunate to meet Catherine and to take a one on one class with her, she is just such a wonderful person, not to mention guide and art instructor. The format of the class is multidimensional, vibrant and fun. I left with many useful tips and life lessons too. I just wished i had more time in Aix to take more. Highly recommend it for anyone at any level, the drawing and collage process actually compliments the traveller well as a way to preserve memory and to form a deeper connection with the place, as well as people.

Denver, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“what a wonderful way to see Aix!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I thought it would be fun to take a break from the guide books and booked a semi private art class with Catherine (my sister joined me). This was a wonderful decision and the few hours together ended up as a highlight of our time in the Provence area. Catherine was terrific; loads of fun, wonderful guidance and gentle help. We learned her sketching techniques in a short time and sat together and practiced drawing the lovely environment from a cafe in Aix. The hours flew by and we ended with meaningful and authentic pages in our travel sketchbooks. I recommend Catherine for beginners and experienced artists alike; there was a lot to learn and she was wonderful.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Delightful Afternoon in Aix en Provence”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I had a very special day with Catherine, the weather was fabulous, and she was charming and so much fun to be with. We found a quiet, sunny, square to work in, where we were completely undisturbed. I am an artist, but had not drawn in this manner in many years, so found it challenging to begin with. Catherine talked me through it and I quickly got into the rythmn! I was not able to finish the sketch, but will soon and will post the finished photo! My husband, on the other hand, had never drawn as an adult, or done any artwork, and his too, came out well! Catherine is very patient, a wonderful instructor, and her english is perfect, so no worries there! She has inspired me to continue doing drawings in this manner...highly recommended for the beginner or beyond!

Visited April 2014