“Best value for money in Aix!”

City Residence - Les Jardins de Galice
Ranked #65 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We went to this hotel because the rate was cheap and what an excellent accommodation it turned out to be! Rooms are clean, spacious and very well equipped. Kitchenette is a fantastic addition. Perfect place for a longer stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for City Residence - Les Jardins de Galice

Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel was very unpleasant, the staff were very friendly but the room was dirty, the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned for months, the bathroom flooded each time you tried to take a shower, the bed cover consisted of a dirty brown sleeping bag type material, the air con was very noisy, the tv offered no functionality at all for external devices, the advert said free wifi but this was not true and was chargeable, the underground parking was ok but rather than the hotel giving us a key to the locked door for the pedestrian route we were told to use ramp where you drive in (not very safe). There wasn't even toilet paper when we first arrived and had to ask at reception. The reception is very limited and only open at certain times of the day. The walk into town was about 25min but was along a very busy main road. We got this hotel because it was cheap, but we didn't expect this lack of standard.

Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Very clean and good place. But, the front desk is not open always and we didn't kown fistly. And there is not heir dryer in hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 6 January 2012

From the very moment that we stepped into this "office block" type residence, we knew that we where going to like staying her for a while.

The staff could not do enough for us and they made us feel so incredibly welcome. Élysée (I ihope that spelling is correct) was a delight she helped us in every conceivable manner to make our stay in Aix one of most memorable in France. I will return to this city and this residence in a heartbeat, if given the chance.

Yes the residnce is not in the centre of town, but having our own car (which we did not even use for our city visits) and being so close to the bus route, it made absolutely no differendce at all.

We stayed in a comfortable apartment with 2 rooms and it was enourmous for our needs - hence it was extrenmely comfortable.

I will highly recommend this place to anyone vsisiting Aix

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2011

After a horrible experience in Nimes my partner and I ventured off to Aix en Provence.
Driving for hours all I could do without is hectic traffic. This hotel is situated just off the highway. What a wonderful relief.

It looks like a huge glass office block. The welcoming smiles (especially from Elysee) was so heart warming that life in this abode could only get better. Because of our bad experience in Nimes the staff at the City Residence felt they needed to make up for it. They gave us an upgrade at the same price as a normal room. We were only going to stay for one night but decided to stay for 3 instead. Mainly because the service was warm, welcoming and informative and because the standard of this suite was excellent.

The tips of where to go and what to see in this region, given by Elysee was priceless.

The hotel is also wonderfully located, with parking. It is on the outskirts of the city centre but very easy to get to the main shopping street (5 minutes by bus).
LOVED IT. LOVED IT. LOVED IT. Thanks to all the staff at the City Residence.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoyH312659
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We went to this hotel because the rate was very cheap. However, you should not expect anything else but basic accomodation. Even then, I think there are some basic elements that should have been there. When we got to our room, we noticed the carpet in the hallway was dirty. Our comforters were also stained. And they don’t give you enough toilet paper to last for 2 nights (!) and there are no tissues. Also note that there is no housekeeping that goes through the rooms every night. And they expect you to remove all the sheets and put them in a pile for them to pick up when you leave. As I said, we went there for the price, because it’s really nothing better than "a place to crash".

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank naivete
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I stayed at the City Residence for over 1 month while I was conducting research for my Master's thesis. City Residences was a great hotel that made my stay in southern France even better. I am a graduate student with a very limited budget, and staying at City Residence allowed me to stay on (or at least very close to) my budget. My room was simple, a bed with a table/desk to work at, a tv with CNN International and 14 other channels in French, German, and Italian, a bathroom with the toilet separate, and a little kitchen area with mini-fridge, 2 electric hotplates/range, and a microwave, and closet/drawer. It seemed that the longer I stayed in southern France the cheaper the rate became on a per day basis. Its conveniently located ~20 min. walk from the west of the center of Aix, but across the street from the #6 bus stop that seemed to run every 10-15 min. The staff was very kind and could speak english very well (I have a very limited French vocabulary) and they were always at the reception desk when open and they closed at 8 pm and were only open for a few hours on Sunday. I had friends from Aix over and they told me that the hotel room layout was identical to their apartments, so it was more like I was actually living in a standard southern France apartment for a month as opposed to a hotel. The internet was 35 euros for 1 month because I am a student and I got a very strong signal during my stay. My only complaint is that the pillow was a little thinner then I am accustomed to. This is a great place to stay at a great rate if you have an extended stay in Aix; I recommend this hotel and I will be using it again if I have to go back for another research trip.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business