Stepping into Villa Gallici is like stepping back into the last century and into a luxurious Italian Villa, typically over stuffed with sumptuous silken drapes and heavy brocades. but it all works brilliantly.
Villa Gallici is 5 minutes walk into the main city of Aix, hidden in a secluded, secret garden.
Secure Parking is available in the front of the Villa entrance
The Reception doubles as a lavender Boutique and is a tranquil, perfumed delight after travelling.
A nice touch is the little almond cakes and tea offered at check in as well as at the Pool come 4pm.
The rooms are kept in Italianate style - if minimalism is your thing, you will suffocate here. Toile and acres of drapes are everywhere. The beds are extremely comfortable, fine bed linen and good quality pillows assure one of a good night's sleep. The bathroom is not large but is modern and has everything one would need. Bath lotion and ear buds in the toiletries kit would have been a nice addition in exchange of one less chocolate.
At the end of August most of the Restauranteurs and shop keepers close down for a well earned holiday after the long hot summer season, so although the night life of Aix called so did the excellent Meal in the hotel. Dinner is served on a delightful Terrace, shaded by giant Poplars and overlooking the swimming pool.
Birds are very much a theme and adorable little china ornaments of every avian variety are dotted about. Another nice feature was a shawl draped over the back of a dining chair in case the air proved too chilly.
At the Breakfast Buffet there is a fountain against the wall and magnificent roses of every hue are set in the basin, so Style, what they do best, is all around one.
The quality of the food is excellent, the menu varied and a varied good wine list particularly of the famous Provencal Rosé wines.
No one does Rude like the French, but if one can see past this, a sojourn here in Aix is a true pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the light Cezanne once knew, the Villa Gallici Hotel,18th century Provencal house member of Relais et Chateaux, provides many luxury services, a gastronomical restaurant registered in the main guides, a shady seven acre garden with a swimming-pool, a nice place to relax a few steps away from the heart of the city of Aix-en-Provence.The Villa Gallici Residence is richly furnished with French and sumptuous fabrics. Time seems to have stood still, throughout the day whether dining or enjoying the calm of the gardens and pool, every experience has a charm of its own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Gallici reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Gallici Hotel Aix-En-Provence
- Gallici Hotel Aix En Provence
- Gallici Aix En Provence