We were so excited to try this hotel as we know several people who have been. I must say, the grounds and room were extremely lovely. The garden is beautiful, and the room charming and immaculate. The problem was in the restaurant and with the check-out woman at the desk. When you are spending three to four hundred dollars for dinner, you would expect some respect. The head waiter was rude twice to my husband. Once when we asked why the butter was wrapped in paper, and the other when he asked for there to be an abundance of chocolate sauce on his dessert.
But the icing on the cake came at the end. While we were checking out, the woman handed me a copy of the bill. I looked it over, it was correct. Then she ran my credit card. She never bothered to ask me if I wanted to be charged in dollars or euros..she just rang it up in dollars (about a $20 difference). In the eleven days we were in Europe this is the ONLY place this happened. A few minutes later, it dawned on me and I looked at my credit card receipt. I noticed the dollar charge not euros. And on the bottom of the credit card receipt, it clearly states: You are agreeing to pay in dollars and this is non-reversible. When I went back to her, more snottiness. She says " you didn't look at what you were signing?" I said I only looked at the bill print out carefully, not the credit card printout. Let me just say, any Four Seasons in the universe would tell you they would correct it. She was completely rude, and said there was nothing she could do. I find it HIGHLY interesting that this is the ONLY time this happened on our entire trip. Am sure there are other gorgeous hotels in the region you can stay at where you won't encounter this attitude (we stayed at another Relais Chataeux in Eze, and they could NOT HAVE BEEN NICER!). A few of the staff people were lovely (check in woman, waitress in restaurant) but beyond that my memory of this place will be stuck with what I am writing about...and oh, did I mention I saw a guy spraying air freshener trying to mask the smell of must in several parts of the common area! We would never return, and would strongly discourage people from eating in their restaurant, where the service was rude and the food completely bland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the light Cezanne once knew, the Villa Gallici Hotel,18th century Provencal house member of Relais et Chateaux, provides many luxury services, a gastronomical restaurant registered in the main guides, a shady seven acre garden with a swimming-pool, a nice place to relax a few steps away from the heart of the city of Aix-en-Provence.The Villa Gallici Residence is richly furnished with French and sumptuous fabrics. Time seems to have stood still, throughout the day whether dining or enjoying the calm of the gardens and pool, every experience has a charm of its own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Gallici reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Gallici Hotel Aix-En-Provence
- Gallici Hotel Aix En Provence
- Gallici Aix En Provence