All reviews major renovation prestige room perfect location cours mirabeau great room lovely city well located hotel spacious room tgv station walking distance old town parking storage market corridor car aix
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed a night with my wife for our honeymoon. Room was awesome. Staff were very helpful. Would definately recommend! The breakfast was very good as well. It came with fresh squeezed orange juice which was an absolute treat

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2018

I placed a reservation on Negre Coste Hotel website tonight. It was cancelable with full refund. Terms as follows: To guarantee your reservation, we require a credit card number as well as the expiry date. A pre-authorization of payment is realized and the payment of the reservation will be made on the spot the day of your departure.

I immediately got an email from my credit card showing they charge $11.50 to my card. This was not an authorized charge and no where on their website did it indicate my card would be charged. I immediately cancelled my reservation.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I returned to this hotel with my mother after several years staying here with my family. The hotel is now pushing itself as a four star hotel (previously three) with a big hike in prices to match.

Location is right on the Cours Mirabeau which is great if you don’t mind the noise.

On our last night, we returned to our room to find my silk pyjamas had been swiped from the bathroom where I had hung them on the wall. A helpful Ishmael on reception helped me search through the hotel’s dirty laundry bags he could find (nice on our final night in Aix!) to see if we could find them. No luck and worryingly, several items of clothing and bathroom items appeared in the sheets and towels so the housekeeping clearly take no care when stripping the rooms. They also failed to leave any loo roll - not great when two women are sharing a room!

The next day I was assured by Karolina, in charge of reception, that clearly they had just been taken with the towels (?!) and the hotel would find them and send them to me in the UK. If for some reason they did not appear, then the hotel would reimburse me and she asked me to send her a link to where I had bought them from. Not ideal - these were an expensive pair bought for my honeymoon - but fair enough.

On my return home, after chasing the hotel, I received a short email from Julia saying they had not found the “lost” pyjamas and there was nothing the hotel could (or indeed would) do. I telephoned Julia (“sales and community manager”) who claimed not to speak any English, not ideal in the tourist trade, but no matter as I spoke to her in French. She undermined her colleague, Karolina, saying she had no authority to offer me compensation. She claimed to understand my frustration but said that she had been to another hotel and her bag had been taken from her room and there was nothing that could be done and their hotel worked the same way!! Staggering to compare your “four” star hotel to the lowest ideal, surely?! She said she would speak to her management again. A week ago. No response.

Needless to say, we will not return here and I advise all friends and fellow travellers to find another hotel in Aix - and there are many - where you can leave your possessions in your room without worrying about not seeing them again.

As a final insult, we had a superior room and when we asked if we could use the coffee/tea maker downstairs in reception to take a cup upstairs, we were told we would have to buy one from the hotel’s restaurant downstairs, which they are also trying to plug. Not superior service and certainly not worthy of four stars.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Sovo007
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I stayed for three nights on a business trip and was very pleased with the hotel. My room was nice and bright and the bed super comfortable. The honey soap provided smelled really nice and the shower was great. The staff was all very friendly, too. Being able to walk right out onto the lovely cours Mirabeau and stroll around Aix was a bonus.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2018

The hotel is situated in the centre of the old part of the city. Great location, with a night market just outside and other markets including an array of food. The breakfast was worth the price with a wide selection of options. Couldn't have selected a better spot.

Date of stay: August 2018