“a must for a wonderful Aix-evening”
Review of Les 2 Freres

Les 2 Freres
Ranked #177 of 864 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Lourmarin, France
“a must for a wonderful Aix-evening”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This place can be found - grace to gps, and it's wonderful.
Nice zen-atmosphere, the green olives were just perfect. Food perfect with a good Southern touch. Good local wines. We were there in December, the terrace must be perfect on a summer evening. you'll be grateful for the parking. The service is friendly, could be a little more professional!

• Visited December 2012

yankinuk
“What can I say..?”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Had Sunday lunch here with a friend who lives near Aix. It's located in a dreary non descript residential area. It's rather attractive inside if you like French modern decor. The two waiters were welcoming (not sure if they were the freres) and smiley. Not sure if something got lost in the translation, but my starter which I thought was going to be fried camembert was actually a posh toasted cheese and ham sandwich on white bread with a few bits of lettuce on the side covered in peanuts. My main course was very dry kidneys on a bed of lumpy mashed potatoes. I don't recall a sauce. I wish I could be more positive, as they were very friendly. There is an outside terrace for eating in the summer, but as its the dead of winter right now, hard to imagine what it would be like. As I said, it's in a very suburban neighbourhood. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing as I can.t imagine why some reviewers rate it so highly.

• Visited December 2012
Miami
“Clean modern decor, Good food”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Had late lunch there today, location is in a residential area, very nice modern with oriental touch decoration. To start I had a scallop carpaccio, green papaya, tempura vegetables and Japanese yozu citrus sauce an extremely delicate and successful combination. Others at the table ordered a squid, herbed mascarpone cheese with chorizo appetizer which turned out to be another great combination. For the main course everyone at the table had the duck which was delightful, browned skin and barely cooked meat with a delicious hearty flavor. The desserts were also excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. An unusual feature is the television screens inside the dinning room which show the kitchen staff at work. Only suggestion I would make is to speed up service

• Visited November 2012
“Best meal in France”
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

I eat scallops and Lamb,. My wife had Cod fish. Nice people, nice service, fantastic food! Unforgettable!

South Florida, Florida
“our second dinner there”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Dinner there with my family. We had a good time again. I had : Giclee de Giroles and White Truffles".
Seating outside in the evening ia always a treat. Service is friendly but could have been faster.
Overall a nice dinner. This restaurant seems to be known by locals mostly.

• Visited September 2012