“Do not send a deposit”

Ranked #49 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Do not send a deposit”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Do not book this Hotel. I sent in a 50 percent deposit about 2 months ago. I also paid a premium giving me the right to cancel at any time. I cancelled the reservation one week after I made it. I requested my deposit back thru Booking.com. They have been unable to get my deposit credited back to my account and the hotel has been non responsive.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Donald K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Situated in the best part of town, we enjoyed how central we were to all the hot spots. We spent two wonderful nights in the Hotel de Gantes. We were surprised by how modern and wonderfully decorated our room was: Darius Milhaud, the famous composer. It's impressive how every room is uniquely designed after a famous artist. After spending several weeks traveling, we thought this hotel had one of the most comfortable beds we've slept in. Did I mention, the cool shower? Check out our photo! Strong internet and friendly front-desk attendant, this place is a must stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bing s
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed in Hotel de Gantes for two nights. Our room looked directly over the Cours de Mirabeau and had one of the best hotel beds I have ever slept in. The art theme is very well implemented and our rooms was more than adequate in size. The layout was very good and we did not trip over each other. Our room was also very quite and heard nothing of the noise from the street/café one floor below - the double glazing is to be thanked fro that. The staff were welcoming and friendly. There is a lift/elevator from the street entrance to reception on the first floor. One particular thing that struck me was the lighting in the stairwell and public areas: sensational! This hotel is not particularly cheap, but we both agreed that it was well spent at this hotel. A bonus is the café directly below the hotel - Café deux garçons. One particular staff member was entertaining and helpful, despite our struggling French. Have breakfast there if you stay nearby! We highly recommend this hotel as on that should be on anyone's shortlist for a stay in Aix en Provence.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I booked a two night stay at the Hotel de Gantes in September 2013 through my usual on-line website. As per the terms of the reservation 50% of the total charge was debited from my credit card that day. In early October I needed to cancel the reservation and did so on-line, receiving confirmation that the cancellation was at no cost. Surprised that the debited amount had not been refunded after ten days I contacted the on-line website who confirmed that the money was due to me and offered to follow-up on my behalf. I was then told that the hotel could find no record of my reservation and was asked to provide a copy of my credit card statement as proof. This having still failed to produce a refund, I then visited the hotel in person and was told that it was not possible to issue a refund without permission from the management and that it would take another two weeks. That will make over a month to credit the amount due since cancelling the reservation when the charge was made on the same day the booking was made. Not impressive.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 234Anon
Sydney
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

It is right in the middle of Main Street ,a perfect location .
The rooms are are great size, each one themed after a famous artist.
The rooms are far enough above the street not to bothered by the noise.
The staff are the best especially Mark. Very very helpful .
Quality of the room fittings are first rate.

• Stayed September 2013
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Excellent service! People working there are invisible and the same time giving you special attention and helping to have a perfect stay.
The rooms are dedicated to a prominent people from Aix en Provence and are decorated in a different style corresponding to the name.
The hotel is situated in the heart of the Aix, just next to "Deaux Garçons", on the Main Street - Mirabeau.
Highly recommend the Hotel and the staff! They made us feel at home.

Room Tip: To choose their famous prominent people from Aix and to feel the atmosphere.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
New Delhi,India
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Excellent location on the Cours Mirabeau - the Ramblas of Aix - could not be better . Large suite with plenty of Provencal light . Large windows with gorgeous views . Nice furniture. Bathtub and sink inside room in a separate section - a peculiarly French thing that one sometimes encounters. Wifi very poor- Hotel admitted to problem. No breakfast room . Have to order continental breakfast in room - only tea/coffee, juice and bread . No star rating yet. Very little staff- 1 at night for everything , 2 in the morning. Though staff itself very helpful and friendly. No restaurant . The restaurant below seems to have a vague arrangement with the Hotel . Non suite room somewhat depressing though large enough.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family