“Nice, classic hotel, overall good choice”

Hotel Saint Christophe
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Location is perfect, especially if you are on a one day trip. We arrived via the train station and was surprised to be able to walk to the hotel in 5 minutes! It's located right in the town area so we could walk to everything we wanted to see and do.
The rooms are a bit too dark & dimly decorated for my liking, but that's just me. Room is clean and the size is comfortable. The fancy shower jets was a nice luxury. There is some serious construction going on opposite the hotel, but we were out mostly during the day so that's ok. However, at night (till 3am) we could clearly hear the nightlife going on in the lane next to the hotel. So if this kind of issue bothers you, maybe request for a higher floor?

Service was generally good. Front desk lady was friendly but we could tell she is slightly overworked!

I will stay again and would love to try the Brasserie Leopold next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed in a small room- 90 euros nightly rate- for one week in early May. The room was very hot and stuffy even though the outside day temperatures were in the low 20s and it was still jacket/sweater weather in the mornings and evenings. At night, the room would reach 24 degrees. After my second, restless sleep, I asked the front desk if someone could come and fix the thermostat since both the fan and/or air conditioning didn't seem to be working. I was told that there was nothing that they could do (no one looked at the thermostat) and to leave the window open- something which was advised against on the security procedures on the back of the door, not to mention the many pigeons landing on the window sill. The hotel advertises air conditioning.
Three weeks before my arrival, I made a dinner reservation. When I arrived in the dining room, there was no reserved table and I was seated in the middle of the dining room at a table for eight. There was a male hotel guest, who was also eating alone, seated at the opposite end of the table. The food was very good- 35 euros with pastis, small bottle of wine, salad and main course. I would describe the service as unfriendly, making me feel uncomfortable and not welcome to be there and eating alone.

** Terrific breakfast service by Elisabeth in the bar and a welcoming check in by a tall, young man with dark hair, Nicholas, I think.
Close to the TGV shuttle bus station, Cours Mirabeau and the Tourist Office.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I frequently need to be in Aix-en-Provence on business and this restaurant has become one of my favorites in the area. The service is efficient and the staff are very friendly and helpful, especially for the area. The menu on the restaurant is traditional French, but the quality is good and the pricing is reasonable. Additionally, if you are visiting Aix as a tourist the hotel is a five minute walk from downtown. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Aix.

Room Tip: Restaurant is a local favorite, reserve in advance to have a table on the patio during the summer...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Dansksteve
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The service was fine The personel was very nice..We liked our room very much.The location was good, in the centre of Aix.The best was the service, clean room. We cant think about something we didn`t liked.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Lennart K
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights before a River cruise. The ambience is totally charming and the staff, especially Nic at reception, very warm and welcoming. The standard rooms are tiny but adequate. The Bathrooms are excellent -newly renovated. The Brasserie Leopold is a very busy place every day and has excellent food at decent prices. Their house wine, a decent AOC is a mere 3 euros per glass. The tremendous location is a huge plus. The price per night (about 100 euros, booked directly ) was very fair.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back-much quieter, although there can be street noise/local party goers on wee...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel was booked quite last minute, and offered a reasonable rate for it's location. It's decorated in art deco style and quite tasteful. The service was good, and the room we had reserved has spacious with a pretty little terrace (although sadly there was a building work taking place between our room and the pretty rotonde, hindering our view)
We had diner at the brasserie, which was good food and nice buzzy ambiance. It was ideal for our budget and we couldn't have chosen a better location!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nat_ford2000
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed for two nights at this hotel for business. The location is great, right at the roundabout at the beginning of Court Mirabeau at the heart of Aix-en-Provence. The style of the hotel is a bit past glory, but service and welcoming are good. Breakfast is served in the Brasserie Leopold and not bad for French standards.
The major thing that they should improve upon is the quality of the rooms. I had a twin room overlooking the roundabout. Since the price wasn't that high I expected it to be small, as it turned out to be. The decoration however was awful: shiny, screaming orange curtains, red walls. And since a very long time I had to sleep under a blanket instead of a duvet on a quite hard bed.
The bathroom had hardly any decent amenities: cheap shampoo and shower gel and a piece of soap. The shower cabin is very tiny, even for a person as small as I am.
I think I'll look somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business