“Really god hotel close to centre”

Hotel Saint Christophe
Ranked #32 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Sydney, Australia
“Really god hotel close to centre”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Good hotel at a good price very close to centre of Aix. Rooms a bit small but good for the price. Staff very efficient and pleasant. My only small complaint ,and I have come across this in other hotels, the WIFI is free but you have to log in every time with a user name and password. Because the signal was very weak in our room, it kept cutting out and then you had to renter password AND user name. Very annoying and time consuming. If WIFI is free, why have a password?.

Room Tip: Check the room first as some have better outlook than others.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Buellton
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was a shock & not as portrayed. We stayed 5 nights! This may have been a great location in the past, but the huge excavation of the property next to the hotel plus the hundreds of busses that will take you out if you step off the curb contrive to make this a lousy hotel location. The disco runs till 4:30 am 3 nights and the pounding was unbearable! I had no room to walk after putting down my suitcase. The college students make noise yelling and setting off fireworks after midnight. The cranes start in early morning to build a hotel next door. Don't go there if you want any peace! Parking is a nightmare and extremely expensive. We feel completely ripped off!

Room Tip: Not a clue! Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Dennise B

Travellers are raving about these Aix-en-Provence hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The location is superb, everything you want to visit is within a few minutes walk. The hotel is quite charming and the staff are friendly and helpful. However my room was very small. Normally I would request a change but as I was not paying such action would have been inappropriate. In fairness everything was provided, the bed was comfortable and a small balcony did offer some relief. Also I was there on business so out in the morning and back at night, merely use the room to sleep.

I passed on the buffet breakfast which I felt was over-priced at c£11 but did dine in the charming restaurant. The food was excellent (Do try the guinea fowl.) and the service very courteous and professional.

If it was not for the room I would certainly rate the hotel "Very Good" and return again making sure I got the accomodation I would normally expect.

Room Tip: When booking make sure they are aware that you know some rooms are very small and are unacceptable t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Telall
Singapore
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Location is perfect, especially if you are on a one day trip. We arrived via the train station and was surprised to be able to walk to the hotel in 5 minutes! It's located right in the town area so we could walk to everything we wanted to see and do.
The rooms are a bit too dark & dimly decorated for my liking, but that's just me. Room is clean and the size is comfortable. The fancy shower jets was a nice luxury. There is some serious construction going on opposite the hotel, but we were out mostly during the day so that's ok. However, at night (till 3am) we could clearly hear the nightlife going on in the lane next to the hotel. So if this kind of issue bothers you, maybe request for a higher floor?

Service was generally good. Front desk lady was friendly but we could tell she is slightly overworked!

I will stay again and would love to try the Brasserie Leopold next time!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed in a small room- 90 euros nightly rate- for one week in early May. The room was very hot and stuffy even though the outside day temperatures were in the low 20s and it was still jacket/sweater weather in the mornings and evenings. At night, the room would reach 24 degrees. After my second, restless sleep, I asked the front desk if someone could come and fix the thermostat since both the fan and/or air conditioning didn't seem to be working. I was told that there was nothing that they could do (no one looked at the thermostat) and to leave the window open- something which was advised against on the security procedures on the back of the door, not to mention the many pigeons landing on the window sill. The hotel advertises air conditioning.
Three weeks before my arrival, I made a dinner reservation. When I arrived in the dining room, there was no reserved table and I was seated in the middle of the dining room at a table for eight. There was a male hotel guest, who was also eating alone, seated at the opposite end of the table. The food was very good- 35 euros with pastis, small bottle of wine, salad and main course. I would describe the service as unfriendly, making me feel uncomfortable and not welcome to be there and eating alone.

** Terrific breakfast service by Elisabeth in the bar and a welcoming check in by a tall, young man with dark hair, Nicholas, I think.
Close to the TGV shuttle bus station, Cours Mirabeau and the Tourist Office.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I frequently need to be in Aix-en-Provence on business and this restaurant has become one of my favorites in the area. The service is efficient and the staff are very friendly and helpful, especially for the area. The menu on the restaurant is traditional French, but the quality is good and the pricing is reasonable. Additionally, if you are visiting Aix as a tourist the hotel is a five minute walk from downtown. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Aix.

Room Tip: Restaurant is a local favorite, reserve in advance to have a table on the patio during the summer...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Dansksteve
Aix En Provence
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The service was fine The personel was very nice..We liked our room very much.The location was good, in the centre of Aix.The best was the service, clean room. We cant think about something we didn`t liked.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Lennart K