All reviews rooftop terrace old town good size triple room minute walk star hotel parking garage front desk staff modern bathroom town centre convenient location very nice hotel short stay per day aix car julie
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Very nice hotel in the center of the city. At the reception we had multiple contact with a young woman called Julie. She had been very helpful and did her best to help us always with a smile.We had to cancell 3 days of our vacation and she took care of it reassuring us that all will be well.
We did not eat at the hotel but llooking at the buffet it looked inviting.

Room tip: Just ask for Julie at reception
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank joeyak2014
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I’ve been in this hotel for two nights, with my family, in December. The location is perfect if you want to explore the amazing city of Aix en Provence. The room is quite large and clean. There is a backery in front of the hotel for a tipical breakfast.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Alessandra M
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel du Globe is definitely befitting a 3-Star, even 4-Star when it comes to its front office. The hotel has one of the warmest hospitality I’ve ever seen. I felt very welcomed the minute I stepped into the hotel, and because check-in time is 2pm and I’m far too early for that, they took down my number and said they would call of the room is made available earlier than expected. I thought it was just lip service but they really did call!

Location is superb, as it’s walking distance to Rotonde fountain, the old city and the shopping street.

Breakfast was quite alright too.

Just that, the room is exceptionally sparse. There’s a small TV screen, a TV remote controller, and a phone — about all you’d see in the room, other than the bed and a chair. No minibar, no coffee, tea, no mugs, no jug, no kettle...

Notwithstanding, the bathroom is incredibly spacious and clean, and the shower had great water pressure, although again you will find no frills there at all — no toothbrush, no comb, no soap, etc, and there’s a all-in bottles dispenser of shampoo-shower-hand soap.

All these ‘lack’ are still bearable, though I feel it’s overpriced for that. There’s however one thing I wasn’t too thrilled about. My room was clearly not made up on the 2nd day, with towels not changed and bathroom not cleaned.

Soundproofing was also an issue, as footsteps along corridor and above floors could be audibly heard, and the hotel being located along the street meant that vehicle and rowdy crowd could add to the noise level.

For the sake of location and its hospitality, I might stay there again, but with that price I paid, there are choices aplenty.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Bingercat
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Mixed feelings on this property.

The location is fantastic, just on the outskirts of the old city, and within 5 minutes of walking to excellent shopping and restaurants.

The lobby is open 24 hours a day and you need to leave your key when you go out.

The rooms are extremely small and sparsely decorated, however the bathroom was quite spacious and lovely.

The disappointments:
No coffee in the room and you had to pay in the lobby (not like a hotel)
When the room was cleaned, they left dirty dishes and the bathroom seemed in worse shape than when we left.

On the good side, the staff were extremely helpful AND friendly. And the terrace is a superb place to unwind after a long day sightseeing with a bottle of wine.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Familytravel70
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Pretty basic set-up for a hotel but our room was recently renovated and clean, except for some hairs found on the bed spread and shower. Breakfast was delish and adequate. Great location. Walking distance to all the cool restaurants and cafes in the alleys. The rooftop lounge area is a must!

Date of stay: June 2018