“Nice hide-out” 4 of 5 bubbles

Au Gout Du Monde
Ranked #36 of 824 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Price range: US$16 - US$27
Cuisines: International, European
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Au Gout du Monde, restaurant, tapas bar, an original and authentic place in Aix en Provence to have dinner. We have brought back from our round the world trip the best tapas that you will be able to enjoy with one of our cocktails (mojito, strawberry mojito, raspberry mojito), one of our world beers or one of our world wines. We will welcome you warmly and you will never forget your visit Au Gout du Monde ! See you soon !
Lund, Sweden
“Nice hide-out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Me and a friend were looking for a relaxing after-work beer & dinner place last friday and found this nice place. Au Gout Du Monde is a great place were you can find a nice selection of drinks, beer and wines from various places in the world. We had an excellent tapas menu for two plus dessert. The owner of the place served us and is very service-minded and did a great job presenting the menu and dishes that were brought out. I will definitely go back, next time with my family.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FD2308, Propriétaire at Au Gout Du Monde, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Good day, thank you so much for your comments, we are happy that you enjoyed our place, our tapas and our drinks and now we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family ! See you soon Au Goût du Monde ! Hélène and Franck.

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Bohemian Revelation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Great atmosphere & great food. I loved the laid back style and friendliness of the place; I was eating alone and was made to feel very welcome by the owners. Frank was very helpful and gave excellent advice on the tapas that suited my palate (not being a meat eater) and he also saved me a lot of money. I had initially ordered 6 dishes, only to be advised by Frank that that was far too much. So I chose 3 dishes and they were all delicious as well as very filling. The fish dishes were very tasty and the falafel reminiscent of the MIddle East (where I once lived) and the quantity was spot on. And, as a result, I saved 50% on the bill! I dont know why the restaurant is categorised as just a tea salon & cafe, rather than a restaurant; it certainly ticked all the boxes for me - and was a great evening experience. I also loved how the husband/wife team have incorporated the memorabilia from their globetrotting travels into both the interior decor as well as the international nature of the cuisine. And the wide choice of coffee and tea was a great way to finish. I will be recommending Au Gout de Monde to my friends and I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FD2308, Propriétaire at Au Gout Du Monde, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Good day, thank you very much for your comments, we are very happy that you liked our food and the place that we made after our round the world trip. Our aim is that everyone feels at home and enjoy our homemade food and it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the time you spent Au Goût du Monde. We will be glad to welcome you again, see you soon ! Helene and Franck.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Could be good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

A couple of kids playing at running a restaurant. Lovely atmosphere and a great place to spend a few hours but let down by rip off chick pea snacks passing as tapas at € 27 a plate! Come on.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John E
FD2308, Propriétaire at Au Gout Du Monde, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Good day, thank you for your review much appreciated although you did not appreciate our tapas. It is the first time that we have that kind of remarks and of course this is a matter of concern. However we would like to point out a couple of details : the definition of tapas in the dictionnary is as follows : light snacks. Therefore we do not understand the contradiction you are trying underline between snacks and tapas. Also you are talking about "chickpea" only, when our "plateau découverte" (the one that you ordered) includes 7 different tapas : homemade guacamole, homemade houmous, homemade tuna dip, homemade empanadas, homemade acras, homemade falafels and homemade mozzajitas. And this plateau découverte is made for 2 people, therefore the cost is 13.50 euros per person ; you may need to walk around for quite a long time in Aix to find homemade cuisine at that price, when for us it is a lot of work to prepare those 7 tapas and serve them all at once on a plateau. We are very sorry that you did not like our tapas and we hope that we will convince you at your second visit Au Goût du Monde ! Wishing you nice holidays in Provence.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere - not so much the cuisine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

I visited this restaurant on Valentine's Day and the menu was a pre-fixe, I opted for the chicken dish with rice, followed by some sort of chocolate brownie for desert. I believe the drink was included in the price too which was relatively reasonable.
They had some live music that was playing that night too, which, whilst was interesting, didn't particularly suit the occasion.
Saying this though, the restaurant has a lovely feel to it - it's covered in memoirs and souvenirs from the owner's travels and definitely radiates individuality.
I would definitely visit again just for beer and tapas!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CoralSerein
FRANCK D, Propriétaire at Au Gout Du Monde, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you so much for your comments, glad that you liked our place and hope to see you again soon ! It is to note that we did not organise anything particularly for Valentines day, we just had a concert like we have every thursday, so do not hesitate to visit our webpage for the full events presentation every month ! And even if we have a special every thursday, we have our homemade tapas the rest of the week and those deserve to be tried once at least ! See you soon Au Goût du Monde !
Seville, Spain
“Great place to spend long hours and have good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ended up there after looking for a place to have lunch at Spanish time on a Sunday and everywhere else was closed.

It's an amazing place decorated with souvenirs, maps and pictures of the around-the-world trip made by the owners, who are also in the restaurant. It's worth the visit, take your time to have a look to the decoration, don't miss out the toilet door.

We had "tapas" from different parts of the world, very well cooked, and also a green salad with a cheese platter, delicious and very good price-quailty rate. The waiter, the owner was very nice and did everything for us. She didn't bother us asking to order more food or drinks, even when we were there around three hours awaiting to leave the city, and were not the only ones spending long hours there. A great place to have a hot drink, they have specialities for coffee, tea, hot chocolate...

• 4 of 5 bubbles
FRANCK D, Propriétaire at Au Gout Du Monde, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Hello, thank you so much for your comments, we are really happy that you liked our little place and the food that we make, and hope you did not miss your flight ! See you again with great pleasure ! Hélène et Franck