“Lovely hotel, though slightly far from the city centre”

Escale Oceania Aix En Provence
Ranked #13 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel room was clean and comfortable, and I enjoyed using the swimming pool. There was a good selection of food at the breakfast buffet.

I felt the main drawback of the hotel was the fact that it is slightly far from the city centre. (I was aware of this when I booked the hotel as I found that many of the hotels in the city centre were quite expensive.) However, because I did not have a car, I was reliant on public transportation to get to the city centre. It took about 10 minutes to get there by bus, but they were not very frequent, especially at night and on weekends. A taxi cost about 10-12 Euros, and it took about 20 minutes to walk to the city centre from the hotel.

The Wi-Fi in the room could also have been faster, and I would have appreciated more English channels on the TV (I could only access Channel 5 and 5 USA from the UK, and Russia Today.)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I felt like I was in the countryside. It is about 10 min from the city center by car. It is very clean, comfortable and quiet. The bed, linens and pillows are good to give you a good night rest. The outdoor parking garage is free and the WIFI too. It is a nice place as everything is Aix.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Location is so good. This is very silence; and clean hotel. The rooms are ok and breakfast is nice.It is just 15 minutes to Aix-en-Provence center. You can also have a walk around the hotel. Around is so trend and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank fatos_12
Reviewed 4 July 2014

we stayed in this hotel on our impromptu holiday after having our flights cancelled at the last min by the french air controllers this was day 4

we had driven via salon de provence and arrived earlier then expected about 12

great car park all secluded and the receptionist was charming an said no problem they had a room for us as booked

I said you do not do lunches but she said at weekends there is are snacks in the bar until two which we took advantage of

Croque Monsieur for my husband
but I went for the plate of cheeses with a glass of red wine and lots of fresh bread, three varieties and three pieces if each

it came with a center little heap of salad leaves it was enough for my husband to have some after his meal which also came with a dish of salad leaves and I had a sorbets after

I mention this meal because it was included on my final bill of 145 euros
which also included two breakfasts and a big bottle of cold water for the evening

this to me is good value with air conditioning and a comfy bed ,big shower and general very nice attitudes and surroundings
I will put this one on my list for stops

they gave us a map with the road into the center of aix clearly marked and the parkings there as well
as i said a good find

Room Tip: we always ask for twin rooms when its hot
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

About 2k from the centre, but easy to get into town. There is safe parking, the rooms arent big but fine for a few days. The importand thing was the aircon worked great especially as the temps were late 20s and early 30s. Free wifi, ours worked great, breakfast was included so that was a bonus. Buffet breakfast was ok, nothing flash but it suited us.. We went into town both nights and had dnner in the old town. We were travelling by motorbike so were ablet o park whreverw e wanted in town.

Room Tip: Only know about our room 137 which overlooked the carpark. Was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent the night at the hotel on our way from Avignon to Nice. The bed was verycomfortable and the room was clean, though the room was small. There are no restuarants nearby so we ate dinner at the hotel, and the food was delicious. The breakfast was one of the best we had on our travels. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Located outside city centre but easy reach of the city with the car within few minutes. Basic and clean rooms and standard continental breakfast. Free Wifi but it works badly. Staff kind and helpful, they suggest us fews restaurants for a good dinner in the town. Good value for money solution.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple