Adagio Aix-en-Provence Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Artea Aix Centre(Aix-en-Provence)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel des Augustins(Aix-en-Provence)
Hotel La Rotonde(Aix-en-Provence)
Hotel Paul(Aix-en-Provence)
View Hotel
All reviewscasino supermarketstudio apartmentgreat aparthotelvacuum cleanerold townbig supermarketlarge caran extended staylaundry facilitiesfully equipped kitchenreception staff were very helpfulshort walkdining tablequiet side streetcours mirabeaubig bathroomquiet area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2013

With so many mixed reviews, we were happily surprised how clean and convenient the hotel was.

My husband and I travel alot and have higher standards for hotels. Adagio is super convenient in many ways. 3 min walk around the corner to large Casino supermarket. We bought cheap water and breakfast to have at the hotel.

We used the convenient kitchen that had all clean amenities: dishes, pans, utensils, pots, and even salad collander.

Hotel less than 10 mins to Cour Mirabeau...main street. Lots of people out and about 24 hours.

Our room was 411 on top floor with lovely balcony looking into courtyard and churches.

Room was large with clean furniture in good shape. Separate toilet and shower. Shower head ran slow, so would recommend hotel to update showerhead.

We had car and parked for 10euros a day. Yes, getting in/out is tight, but doable. We saw SUVs maneuvering.

Highly recommend this hotel. Staff speaks perfect English and most guests are tourists.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Traveler8008
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed here for nine nights. The first four were alone for business, and my wife joined me for the latter half of the stay. Firstly the good. The hotel is in a location that is only a few minutes walk from old town Aix, where all the restaurants and sites are. The reception staff are excellent. Very helpful, and nothing seems to be too much trouble. The rooms are modern, spacious and well equipped. They include a full kitchenette, including convection/microwave combo oven, two hotplates, a fridge and a dishwasher. The bed is very comfortable, and the shower is freestanding walk in and big enough for two people. But...Unfortunately the water pressure is so poor, you have to use the shower nozzle by hand to have a shower. Room are rarely serviced; on checking in (for nine days) I was advised my room would be cleaned half way through my stay. It was eventually cleaned after seven days, and then only after I asked when it would be done. You need to empty your own garbage down in the basement, and get replacement bags from reception. Wifi is only available in the lobby. The car parking is challenging; you really need a small car with a short wheelbase to drive down into the basement car park. Finally the lift. There is only one, the cleaning staff seem to dominate it, it always stops at ground floor even if not wanting to go there. Much faster to use the stairs even to the top (4th floor) unless dragging bags.

Will I stay again? Not sure. I have stayed in nicer places in Aix but further out from where I really wanted to be. I'll probably try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jscindc
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

TA showed some mixed reviews, mainly dealing with cleanliness. From the lobby through to our rooms was all well taken care of. The younger clerk at the front desk was always helpful, telling us about different activities, shopping and restaurants.

The price was very competitive vs some other hotels we checked out. The solid location, good service and great rooms made it a good choice for us

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013

What a great apartment hotel that is comfortable and just slightly off the beaten path. Even the elite traveller would be happy to stay here. Only a 5 minute walk to the main Centre Ville and all the restaurants and shopping. The Adagio has it's own parking on site. Supermarket just around the corner. Well worth the money. The front reception lady ( petite, dark hair and young) was fantastic, friendly, smiling and always happy to help. That's what I like to see when I am greeted at the front desk. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: We had Studio rooms # 204 and #215, 215 had afternoon sun
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RenoTraveller
Reviewed 22 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com