“Ho Hum”

Ranked #409 of 929 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Le bruschette dell orafo depresso.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Admittedly the World Cup was on and there were probably around 80 people there and 3 people waiting on the tables so I didn't expect service to be quick and I wasn't disappointed.The food was fairly ordinary but at least the beer was cold. My suggestion , keep looking around.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I am sorry but I rarely give restaurants such a poor review as I have done my research beforehand (on Trip Advisor). The service was non existant, the food mediocre, the only saving grace was that it had great ambience being situated in the Place Richelme. Interior very attractive and relaxing, surprisingly enough the bar staff were friendly. The waiting staff were atrocious and arrogant which is not what we had found in others restaurants of Aix. I cross this one off my list!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The two of us had a goats cheese salad and the restaurant was full but there were only two staff, which meant that the service was desperately slow! Had to get my own knife and fork, bread and napkin.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

A Thursday night and the place was busy outside as it was a nice warm evening. We figured that being busy it must be pretty good. Should have read the reviews first! Service was pretty slow initially, but when our waiter changed to another the service picked up. We wanted to try the plate de jour, but not available. We chose a particular wine, not available. The waitress did offer an alternate wine that we both enjoyed. The menu has a good variety but be warned for those that cannot read French, there are no English subtitles here. The food was fine, nothing special, but also nothing wrong with it. I wouldn't avoid going back, I just wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Food is very average but most annoying is the service. It takes 3 requests to get a bottle of water, 3 to order! And this with 3 waiters but somebody needs to teach them to look at the tables rather than run head down.