“Truly outstanding - we couldn't have been happier”

Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel
Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Renaissance Aix en Provence is a great new hotel and very well located in Aix. The rooms are new, modern, clean and spacious. The lobby and dining rooms have great light and are very comfortable. The staff was excellent including the front desk, valet, concierge and wait staff in the restaurants. We felt very welcomed and that our stay was appreciated. Before we arrived we were a bit concerned about location but the hotel is actually very close to shopping and the old town. We had easy walks to restaurants and shopping as well as the train station. Given how expensive US hotel brands can be in Europe we actually found the Renaissance to be a great value for what we received. We will definitely stay here again if we are back in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Eric R, Directeur général at Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear carlossf12,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Renaissance Aix en Provence hotel with us on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed that much your stay with us, and that you appreciated the hotel location at a 10 minutes walking distance from the historical city center, the staff overall the hotel, the design and comfort of this brand new place that opened in last January.

I do hope to that e will welcome again very soon next time you will visit Provence.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Staff, service, interior and room comfort was very good.
Value for money, food quality and location was good.
Access with car, fitness center, pool and hotel wifi was really poor.
Worst for me, the hotel is not at all in line with athmosphere and environment in old and romantic Aix en Provence - total crash.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ratoso

Dear ratoso,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your journey at the Renaissance Aix en Provence hotel.

I am glad to hear that you appreciated the staff helpfulness, the hotel central location, the food and design.

Unfortunately, I can see that you encountered some difficulties to access to the hotel, also, that you found the Internet access and spa too poor. I am apologizing for these inconveniences. We just opened in last January and we are doing our best to improve our services taking into account such constructive comments.

Renaissance is a contemporary brand, in the trend, Provence has inspired the Interior Designer who revisited its symbols. I can imagine that you were disappointed if you were looking for a true romantic provençal hotel.

I hope you will trust us again in the future, that could be an opportunity for us to show some improvement.

Looking forward to seeing you again very soon,

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

First... you're just a few minutes walking time from the hotel to the "Fontaine de la Rontonde", the gateway to "Vieille Ville" (old town). And it's a delightful stroll past the Darius Milhaud Conservatory (music, dance and theatre) and through a modern shopping plaza. Savings #1: No need to rent a car, hire a taxi or ride a bus during your entire stay!!

Second... it's a short 5 to 8 minute walk from the Gare Routiere de Aix-en-Provence, the major bus terminal, to the hotel. Savings #2: A taxi from the Marseille-Provence (MP) Airport to Aix will cost an estimated 50 euro (one way). The MP2 shuttle bus (Quai/Platform #1) will set you back 13 euro per adult (round trip) and will take an approximate 30 minutes (airport to Gare Routiere)!! Savings #3: Should you desire to take a day trip to Marseille, a bus (Line 50) leaves every 30 minutes for 11 euro (round trip pp) and arrives at Gare Routiere Marseille Saint-Charles...a fifteen minute walk to Marseille's "old port" (Vieux-Port) area.

Note: We also took a day trip from Aix's Gare Routiere to Nice (Cote d'Azur / French Riviera) on the Lignes Express Regionales (LER) bus line. It took about 2 1/2 hours each way... 60 euro per adult (round trip).

The hotel itself is brand new with an enthusiastic staff. The front desk personnel (Lisanne, Camille and Jakob) were always so helpful. Jakob, a "navigator", turned us onto a fantastic restaurant... Le Petit Verdot... one we would have not considered on our own because it only has a 145 ranking (see my forthcoming review).

PS: I knew this hotel experience would be great because they answered my e-mail queries so promptly. I, in fact, canceled my original reservations at a hotel in Marseille because they communicated so poorly. Savings #4: If you are Marriott Gold the breakfast buffet is complimentary and the cook (Marco) is delightful.

5  Thank Douglas Y
Eric R, Directeur général at Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Douglas Y,

Thank you so much for you kind comments about your stay at the Renaissance Aix en Provence hotel.

I am glad to see that we fulfilled your expectations and that the hotel location was perfect. It is my pleasure to hear that Jakob, Camille and Lisanne have been helpful and took good care of your requests, and what about Marco the breakfast cook who apparently did well too.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again very soon in Aix whenever you will visit Provence again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been frequenting Aix since I was 20 years old. I can say with certainty that this hotel is worth the trip. Even though only a few months old, they were fairly well organized. The word fairly is a compliment. If you've stayed in new hotels usually you get almost no organization - so these guys broke the mold.
The rooms are lovely, even the cheap ones, and, at least where we slept, were absolutely sound proof. We were on the courtyard, but in all fairness I think most of the hotel rooms do not give on any active streets. The location is a tad bit off the beaten path, but worth the 5 extra minute walk to the Cours Mirabeau (center city). In fact the location is pretty good - not only quiet but next to the new Aix, which is full of shopping and cafes on pedestrian-only streets.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The valet/concierge even packed up my car and parked it right outside the front door while we were out having lunch so when we came back to the hotel to check out, we didn't have to do anything at all.
I highly recommend.

Room Tip: We were on the courtyard in their cheapest room, and it was silent. Room was a nice size and the bat...
1  Thank Kimberly J
Eric R, Directeur général at Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Kimberly J,

I am so pleased to see that you had a great journey at the Renaissance Aix en Provence hotel and I want to thank you so much for the time you spent to share your positive comments with us on Tripadvisor.

As you are often visiting our sunny and beautiful Provence, I do hope sincerely to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at 4 different hotels (including L'Ostau de Baumeniere) in Provence while doing a free and easy drive around Provence with a group of 6 and all of us unanimously voted that this was the best hotel in terms of price, quality and location. Being a brand new hotel helps but the friendliness, responsiveness and attentiveness of the staff and a good restaurant helped. Rooms were well furnished and clean and the decor and furnitures throughout the hotel was unique and designed solely for this hotel. Also with 5 mins walking distance to the center of the town (Cour Mirabeau) helps. Our only regret was we only had our lunch there on our last day or else we would have taken more of our meals at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eric T
Eric R, Directeur général at Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Eric T,

I am flattered that you elected the Renaissance Aix en Provence hotel the best place we have stayed during your trip in our beautiful region.

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor with us. I am glad that the staff did well and that you liked the hotel design, the food quality, the hotel location at a 10 minutes walking distance from the historical city center.

You will always be more than welcome at the Renaissance Aix en Provence hotel and I hope to see you gain very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I loved it here! The staff and service are the best I have ever experienced. It is new, so very modern, clean, and attractive. The breakfast is wonderful and not to be missed. The pool is small, but has a beautiful tiled/shiny lining. It is hard for me to praise the staff enough, since they were friendly and oh so helpful. And you can walk from the hotel to the old part of the city in minutes. It is expensive, but if you want a treat, this is it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank melindapower

Dear melindapower,

Thank you so much for the positive comments you shared with us on Tripadvisor regarding your journey at the Renaissance Aix en Provence hotel.

I am so glad to hear that you have appreciated the staff dedication to offer the best service they can at anytime.

I hope you will pay us a visit next time you will be around.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

A new property located in the remodeled area of the city and within easy walking distance of the city center. The staff were friendly , professional and extremely helpful. The rooms were very well appointed and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend and stay again. One small point , the address on the web site does not work well with a GPS because the Hotel is actually situated in a pedestrian only area. Avenue Perouse 256 will get you there then they lower the bollards to give you closer access to unload and check in.

3  Thank lotr10
Eric R, Directeur général at Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear lotr10,

Let me please thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor with regards to your recent journey at the Renaissance Aix en Provence hotel.

I am glad to hear that you appreciated the hotel location right in the ned Cultural Forum, a couple of minutes away walking distance form the historical city center and the staff willingness to offer the best service.

You are trying to do our best to be properly referenced by GPS providers as our address is brand new in order to facilitate the hotel access by car.

I do hope that you will visit us again next time you will be traveling to Provence.