1,077 results
All reviews old town minute walk cours mirabeau beautiful hotel rooms are large fitness room breakfast buffet comfortable bed marseille airport five star hotel rental car within easy walking distance lavender fields tgv station croissants concierge navigator
Reviewed 11 January 2019

We enjoyed this hotel and would stay again in Aix.

The location is handy and easily accessible from the train, yet quiet as it is away from the town, just a ten minute walk.

Our room was lovely and the maids even checked to ensure we were happy.

We absolutely enjoyed the breakfast, which we included and was bountiful, and the lounge. All of the staff on the first floor were above par, smiled when they saw us and saw to our every need. Team members directed us, tolerated our French and got us into special restaurants.

We commend the leaders at this hotel for the fine execution and development of the professional and personable staff.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RenaissanceH5, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2019

Dear G2804VBterris,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Renaissance Aix-en-Provence.
Best regards,
Julie Andler

Reviewed 7 January 2019

I picked this hotel because of its location to town, plus my Marriott Platinum Premier Status. We used points and were given a lovely room on the top floor with city view and balcony. We loved our room with a view, super clean and well appointed. Everything worked including the AC. Room was very large as was the bathroom. Bathroom was great with modern design and amenities. We enjoyed the breakfast each morning, one of the best we had on our trip of 2 weeks. It was a very short and easy 5 minute walk to the main fountain (Rotonde), and then easy access to city from their. The area around hotel was quiet and a pleasant setting. My views might be a little tainted since I was staying for free using points and had an upgraded room but I still think it seemed like an excellent place to stay, and the prices I saw did not seem too bad at all. I look forward to my return trip someday.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank BigDaddy3859
Reviewed 26 December 2018

Great location and value to visit Aix. A short walk to the city center with restaurants, shopping, sights all within walking distance. Room, restaurant, front desk were all above average and welcoming.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RenaissanceH5, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2018

Dear 5GaryC,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, the hotel and the service.
We look forward to welcoming you during your next stay.
Kind regards,
Julie - Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 21 November 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit to Aix, fueled in large measure by our stay at this lovely upscale property. It’s centrally located and very modern. This was expected. What really set the stay apart, however, was the staff. Everyone, from front desk to concierge to housekeeping and restaurant staff were incredibly friendly and professional. They all gracefully accepted my poor attempts at French and had excellent English skills to counter. I found the concierges/navigators (especially Frederic and Pierre) to be especially helpful as we chose activities and driving routes amidst multiple rounds of public protests that snarled traffic quite badly. Top notch experience. We’d love to come back someday.

For reference, the property is easy walking distance from the bus station (express bus from Marseille airport) and also to the centre ville where all the eateries and action are at. It’s a very walkable town. There’s a friendly Sixt car rental location within easy walking distance as well if you plan to see Provence.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank klinebch
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

We loved staying here. It is very clean, very quiet, and a short walk to the pedestrian zone. There is excellent valet parking ( so it is not at all an issue); it is helpful to have specific directions or GPS as the driving directions are different than actual hotel address. We actually preferred to NOT stay in the middle of everything- this is only a few minutes walk from the shopping/restaurant area.
Our room was very clean and spacious- all in all we loved it.

Date of stay: October 2018