“superb use of home grown vegetables”
Review of La Chassagnette

La Chassagnette
Reserve with
La Chassagnette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 275 Restaurants in Arles
Price range: US$65 - US$136
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Chassagnette is a gourmet restaurant at 12 minutes away from Arles, at the very heart of the Camargue Regional Nature Park. With 1 Michelin star and 3 Gault & Millau toques, la Chassagnette invites you into a magical place that combines natural charm with contemporary design. This former farmhouse is a tribute to nature and art of cooking. The Chef, Armand Arnal, has the title of Maitre Restaurateur and draws its inspiration from that unique environment. The 2-hectare organic vegetable garden provides a colourful and fragrant setting to walk around and discover the produce that you will later find glorified on your plate.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've eaten here a few times and found the food very fine. Clean flavours, brilliant vegetables, good quality meat and fish. Fine wine list. Picturesque location but do watch out for mosquitoes in summer evenings (bring spray) as this is the camargue.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We felt the aperitifs were tasty but overpriced, 17E for a glass of champagne and 10E for a glass of watermelon juice. The tasting menu was 85E pp for 7 courses - 4 appis, 1 entre and 2 desserts. The dishes were pretty and innovative, most worked well for our tastes, one or two were misses but overall was a very nice experience. The setting was lovely in the garden and the indoor restaurant appeared to be pleasant as well. Outside there were large solid wood tables for larger parties or two smaller parties. We were seated at a table for 2, one of several small round folding tables which we felt were a bit 'cheap' for the cost and setting. Also all the chairs outside were of the folding variety, but did have a cushion for some comfort. I loved the 3 legged cat, also there are some adorable small frogs in the garden (not on the menu!). This is certainly not a place to rush a meal but to enjoy the food and the ambiance - our service was good and the courses were served in good time. It took us 3 hours from arrival to leaving which I think for a 7 course meal plus the house amuse bouche to start and coffee to finish is perfectly acceptable. On a beautiful day so that you can also enjoy the setting and the garden I would recommend this restaurant for a lovely overall experience if cost isn't an issue for you. For me, I would like to try other French restaurants before I would come back.

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This unique 'Green restaurant' nestled in the heart of the Camargue is truly an experience. I have been several times and always find each experience different and innovative. The garden is right outside the restaurant and everything is prepared straight from the vine. Innovative dishes that might not be for everyone but for me, I love it. The tomato rules here and you can order dishes that have tomato on top of tomato in different forms and it works amazingly well Your tastebuds will be wowed by the amazing daily 3* michelin (jn my opinion) soups created here that are actually healthy and incredibly delicious. The red pepper and carrot soup lined with creme fraiche (made down the rue) was out of this world. The small starter plates with the most amazing 'bio breads' is my favorite part of the meal. Goat cheese with figs and honey served over strips of shredded carrot and beet...incredible. A TOP restaurant !

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We visited there in September with our families from my mom's advice. She had been there numerous times and had been raving about it for years. We were absolutely blown away. The food was all locally sourced, mostly from their gardens and it was nothing I had ever had before. What made it even better were the surroundings. We sat outside nestled in the garden. We will definitely come back next year on our yearly holiday in the region.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We celebrated my birthday here as I am a keen vegetable gardener and the concept really appealed to me. Upon arrival we were given the chance to explore the massive vegetable garden, which was a wonderful experience. The food was of course exceptionally fresh and the dishes were very original- a main course of a whole beefsteak tomato with tomato sauce and a whole array of other tomatoes: sounds like too much tomato but in fact was excellent. The rest of the food was equally fantastic. A few small issues with service. My husband's starter plate was taken away when he still had his mouth full. We then felt a little abandoned in a corner as the place filled up. It took forever to get our bill and then to pay it. On the other hand there were some very nice touches such as being given a slice of cake to take away as we left. Overall an excellent place for those who care about the origin and ethos of what they eat as well as what ends up on their plate.