“Good lunch stop”

Add it.
La Charcuterie
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stumbled across this place, looking for something not so touristy and was pleasantly surprised. They don't speak English but if you know a little French you can get by. They brought a couple of slices of salami out first, complementry which was delicious. I ordered Condit duck grilled which was done beautifully. Comes with chips and salad. All up very happy.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Very good meat/food and great service. It is a non pretentious restaurant but we went back several times and loved it every time! I really recommend this place.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The place is rather small, but filled with pigs! Not real ones, but toys, chinas or any kind of sculptures. This is the heart of the house, looking more like a 'bouchon de Lyon' than like a typical Provence restaurant. Starters are all made out of pork, as in the old times when in the farm, people killed the pig before winter and turned every little piece of it into some nice edible product. After that we had nice beef ribs with potatoes. Choice is limited but the products are fresh and you really have a 'comfort dinner'! Deserts also look like your grand mother's ones.
Don't go there when on diet, but when you want to chat and feel good after your meal.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We found this small couple run restaurant by accident and were attracted to stop for lunch by a friendly Labrador dog. He entertained while two superb lunches, including a lentil salad and an interesting ham and cheese main were served. At 40 euros with a half litre of wine it was one of the best value for money meals we had in Provence.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Twenty one years ago my wife and I paid a brief visit to Arles while honeymooning in France.
Never did we come across a restaurant as this little bistro amongst the many sleepy streets in the "vieille villa" (old city).
Again we decided to stop for our routine lunch break with the "formule dejeuner" looking most attractive.
I ordered the "saucisse d'agneau et frites" lamb sausage c/w fries and my wife "confit de cunard et pommel de terre" duck confit with potatoes.
My wife and I follow our noses, there are NO BAD MEALS in France !
Prepared cooked and served with perfection ! Bonne Appetit !
C'est très bonne !