“Feisty Little Art Museum”
Review of Musee Reattu

Musee Reattu
Ranked #15 of 74 things to do in Arles
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This treasure had an interesting mix of modern and contemporary art including many Picasso drawings. Each room was different and was a bit of a treasure hunt.

1  Thank Tom H

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Picasso drawings alone justify a visit. I've just framed and hung a hand-printed poster of Picasso's drawings, exhibited in the gallery, to remind me of a wonderful visit. Will return next time I visit Arles.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The museum is housed in a mansion that makes the visit itself interesting. Did not know much about Reattu's art so learned something, and the few Picasso pieces were nice.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Sorry, another bad review from me about a place in Arles. Don't get me wrong, I like Arles. This particular attraction is just a very small town museum with nothing in particular to recommend it. It currently has a lot of late Picasso drawings that ought to be auctioned off on some cruise ship. There are a few good paintings. Many seem to have penises and no vaginas. I don't know if there is significance to this, but it is notable. The third floor that has the female nude photos is currently closed. My wife had lured me to this third rate museum with promises of great nudes. I had even bought her a dress and some expensive earrings. Ok, sure, this was so I could buy better wine, but the nude photos should also have been part of the bargain. Not worth much effort to go to this place. But it is cheap and the third floor will open someday.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Plenty of Picasso scratches, some really nice ones, the best art piece is the. Odaliska from Zadlkine, remarkable sculpture, worth seeing it, besides the Reattu paintings are also of interest. They also have some special exhibitons that change with time.

1  Thank Cantharino