“Thank you, Tripadvisor!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Maryland, USA
“Thank you, Tripadvisor!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had plans to meet up with friends at the carousel outside of the Tourist Bureau in Arles. Knowing that they would have their toddler and their baby with them, I decided that it would be a good idea to research restaurants in advance that were not too far from our meeting place. I don't think I've ever before used Tripadvisor's map program, but it was wonderful! I simply clicked on all of the restaurants within easy walking distance and then read the reviews about them. I made a list of a number of possibilities, but when I read one review that specified that La Comédie was good for children, I put a star by it - and, indeed, that was the one that our friend decided would be best for her children. It was also outstanding for the adults! We went for lunch, and took advantage of their menu du jour, which gave us 2 courses for under 15-Euros. Everyone loved their meals. The toddler gobbled up his spaghetti (from the Children's Menu) in record time, and loved it! But there were 8 of us, so I will write only of one meal = mine. I am a feeding problem! There are a number of things that I can't eat plus a number of things that I won't eat - two of which are red meat and shellfish. France is not a good place for people who don't eat red meat and shellfish! I always have problems. Looking at the menu at La Comédie, I found several things that sounded wonderful for the first course, but nothing that I could eat in the main meal category. Thus, I asked the woman who was waiting on us if my two course meal could be a first course and a dessert. She had no problems with that, and - as it turned out - my 'first course' was so large and filling that it might as well have been a main course. (I found myself wondering whether she had given me slightly more than usual.) They called it an Aubergine Charlotte with a tomato purée sauce. This was incredibly delicious: beautifully cooked (roasted?) slices of eggplant layered with a creamy cheese filling, and covered with tomato sauce. It was one of the best dishes I've had in a very long time! And then the dessert, and - well ... the dessert was swooningly delicious! It sounded to me as though she called it Pêches Au Gratin, but believe me, it was NOTHING like potatoes au gratin! This was rather like a crème brulée, a lovely, mild custard with a torch-crisped-sugar top, but with the addition of having wonderful, fresh peaches placed around as if on a peach tart. It was in a significantly larger ramekin than the usual crème brûlée, but it was so delicious that I mourned my last mouthful and tried to scrape up even the tiniest bits from the dish. I was amazed to get what, for me, was a truly gourmet meal for the price we paid! As you have probably figured out, I would very, very happily return to La Comédie - and would take the exact same meal, if they offered it!

• Visited August 2014

“Perfect lunch spot”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The very reasonable lunch menu has lots of lovely choices and the spaghetti with clams is always delicious. I have eaten here a few times and never been disappointed.

Visited August 2014
Lufingen, Switzerland
“Excellent place”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I was traveling with my two kids and we ate twice at La Comédie. We loved it. Have never seen such a choice of carpaccios (I had the salmon and Noix does St. Jaques). And the home made pasta is delicious. You also get very decent wine, even if you don't order by bottle. If you like eating nicely and still want to make your kids happy, this is the place for you.

Taipei
“Excellent”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We like it very much;the boss andwaiter very nice ;the food is very delicious!

• Visited August 2013