“Failed to deliver”

Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Don't be tempted to do tapas here as they don't taste great, salty, mushy prawns, off cuts of squid and over cooked chorizo - wish I had read some trip advisor reports before eating. OK it was cheap.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stopped in for a light meal after our Wine Safari tour. Had the zucchini gratin, squid, asparagus tart, ham croquettes.
Great concept of French tapas; however, the translation failed miserably.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Firstly I have to admit that the Sangria Rouge was pretty good and the atmosphere could be considered by the younger crowd as cool but all in all our meal was DISGUSTING. We went home hungry and vowed never to go again, enough said, keep away!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

For 3 weeks we have been walking by this place and checking out the menu. Last night we dropped in and had a really nice meal. Old smokey looking interior, rought benches and tables, dogs running about, it was a comfy and rustic bar at its best. Not at all what I expected from the outside.

6 people, 29 plates of tapas to share, 6 litres of sangria, all for less than we usually pay for lunch.

Some of the tapas were freaking amazing, just a couple were nothing special. All in all, we were damn glad we went.

The service was relaxed, our waiter was quite funny and helped us with a few suggestions. When we wasn't running food, he was actually washing dishes and clearing tables. it was a 2 man show. Not bad!

Would I take Granny here for Easter brunch? Nope. Would I take a bunch of friends with folding money in their pockets out for drinks and snackies? Darn right... In a heartbeat. I"m in country for 2 more weeks and this place will get more of my money, no question.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

This is an institution in Avignon and might be worth a visit only to have a drink (to see the original decoration). But avoid the food at all cost as it is rather bad, as previously described. Unfortunately I didn't read the TA reviews before going, following a suggestion from the hotel receptionist. Service was OK as the place was empty. Won't go again.

1  Thank Swissdiver