“B&B in Industrial estate”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Avignon
La Ferme de Gigognan
Ranked #21 of 54 Avignon B&B and Inns
Darwin
“B&B in Industrial estate”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This B&B is in the last rural street remaining in an area that has become an industrial estate. That means there are no shops/restaurants or holiday type facilities within walking distance. And the area is very drear for walking. There is a shuttle bus (from the nearby TGV) that regularly goes into town but this stops at 2230 or there abouts. we arrived at 8pm in the evening - on foot having got lost in the surrounding industrial estate for about 2 hours (nobody we asked knew the street). We (my 10 year old son and I) were not offered any kind of refreshment or beverage and there was nothing available in the vicinity. My daughter was arriving on a 10pm TGV so we didn't have time to get into town and back again - the shop (take away "junk" food type shop)at the TGV closes at 9pm, my daughter who had flown from Australia and trained from Paris finally arrived late at 1030pm and we all went hungry for the night. While what one sees of the house from the reception area and breakfast room looks lovely we were in no way invited into any sitting area or other part of it other than our 2 small rooms which shared a good size bathroom and were quite nice. Breakfast was typically French and good, but served at 9am at the earliest, which was a bit late if you were planning a big day -
We ended up leaving after 2 nights instead of the planned 4. Overall my main gripe was with the location - I like to walk or run - which was the main reason I booked out of the city - but I was expecting a quiet rural setting not an industrial estate.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank DarwinJunglewalker

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
ojai, california
Reviewed 19 October 2011

this is a real find! close enough to Avignon so that trips back and forth to town are easy, but far enough so you feel truly away from the city's bustle, this is a most charming bed and breakfast.
The house and the grounds are impeccably well-kept, yet feel pleasantly lived-in. The rooms and bathroom were perfectly clean and very pleasantly decorated. As for the breakfast, it was a highlight of our stay: well-balanced meal, and served outside, with a gracefully decorated table setting. The proprietors were most helpful, and always available. I will go back!

Room Tip: all rooms are upstairs, so be aware of the stairs ... in case it's an issue.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
upminster
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Amanda and I spent 5 nights at this lovely B&B jut 5 minutes from Avignon. The house is set in beautifully manicured gardens with the added bonus of a swimming pool, which we used to relax in in the late afternoon.
We were made to feel very welcome, and Caroline and her husband helped us get the most out of our stay by recommending places to visit and restaurants......and advising of places not to visit.
The room was immaculate and well furnished/ decorated with beautiful taste.
Breakfast was alfresco with a lovely spread, including Caroline's own homemade jam fresh french bread, fruits, cereals, yoghurt and pastries... tea coffee and juices.
Caroline and her family were always at hand for a friendly chat ( she speaks very good English and got my sense of humour) and for the 5 days we were there, it felt like we were part of her family.
When we visit Provence again, we shall be staying with Caroline.

In a word........... Perfect

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dorset
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful trip. We stayed in various places but this was by far the best Bed and Breakfast. We wanted to be somewhere relaxing to get unwind from stressful jobs and this was perfect. Caroline and her family were very accomodating. The room was beautiful and very clean. The garden is stunning and the swimming pool is great! We found the whole atmosphere very relaxing and the area is very quiet. The breakfast each morning was lovely, a banquet of lovely food :) I cannot speak highly enough of this charming bed and breakfast. My husband and I will definately be returning.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Gorgeous place to stay .Only a short bus journey to the centre of Avignon which ran every 20 minutes and only takes 10 minutes.
Superb breakfast and house, cannot speak too highly of the homely atmosphere that Caroline and her charming family brought to our trip -so very friendly with great tips on where to go, where to eat etc.
When going home Caroline even gave us a lift to the Train Station as there was a summer storm - wonderful.
When having breakfast or in the evening a glass of wine in the spacious garden you could have been miles away from anywhere.
We will return to Provence again next year and will be staying here .

Room Tip: Clean , nicely decorated , no faults at all.
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We loved every minute at Caroline and her family. The house is absolutely beautiful, the room clean and special and the breakfast was wonderful.
What we liked most is that Caroline advised us on where to go in Avignon city, where to eat and what roads to take. She even advised us on what route to take to Nice and what to look out for.
You can't go wrong if you stay here. I loved the big bath and the luxurious feeling of the bedroom and guesthouse.
For me personally it was nice to come back to our room on our second day to see that the bathroom was cleaned and the hand towels was changed.

I must admit we got lost on the directions on the website, but if you have a GPS you will have no problem to find the guesthouse.

10/10 for this place. Thank you for hospitality Caroline!

One more thing: We should have stayed longer at this place!

Room Tip: We loved the red room.
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at La Ferme de Gigognan for 5 nights and it was an oasis of relaxing atmosphere. Caroline the owner, was very welcoming and helpful in general information and advice relating to the area.
We would recommend anybody to stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple