“Reservations required”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed in Avignon for a week, but could only get a reservation at La Fourchette for our last night. Worth the wait. My wife and I enjoyed a delightful meal at La Fourchette in Avignon. My fish moussiline was very good followed by Daube de Boeuf. My wife had escargot followed by scallops. Great meal and service by the owner was perfect.

There are newer reviews for La Fourchette

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Ten of us were very happy with all our food at this friendly, buzzing restaurant about 50 metres back from the mailn Rue de la Republique. Prompt efficient service without being rushed. La Patronne is friendly and helpful, as are all the staff. A wide enough menu for a good range of well prepared and presented dishes.We certainly felt it worthwhile to move away from the main drag and had a most enjoyable evening.

1  Thank simmotours
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I am disappointed to do this review as we ate here twice when we were in Avignon the last time in 2013.

We ate here with our 2 young adults the last week of March. I know that when one is in France and on vacation, one needs to "mellow out" and have a meal that is not rushed or pushed along.

However, of all of the places we ate at in Paris, Avignon and Barcelona on our trip, no question that the service here was the worst. This really made the evening a downer, as the food was good but not great.

What really set me off was that other "locals" who came in after us were waited on first and promptly. When we finally ordered, the owner? manager made it seem like somehow it was our fault.

The food was good but not great. I would not go back. I don't want to sound like a pushy tourist but good/great service go along with good/great food. I would go to several of the other restaurants I reviewed much more favorably in Avignon instead.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Got there on a Thursday night without needing to make a reservation (for two people at around 9pm). Staff were very friendly and there was a good and jovial atmosphere in the restaurant. I had the ravioli to start and beef stew with macaroni cheese, both of which were very tasty. My friend had a squid and Asian cabbage dish to start (absolutely amazing!) and the scallops as a main (was OK - preferred the starter). Would strongly recommend to my friends who visit Avignon in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I've had a tasty seabass here and another wonderful dish (don't remember the name). The cuisine is very nice. Michelin star is well deserved.