“Great guide, thanks for the sunshine!”

Experience Provence Tours
Ranked #6 of 39 Tours in Avignon
More attraction details
Owner description: I offer Provence bound travelers private chauffeured excursions and a “change of pace” tour alternative, designed to suit every walk of life. My deep passion for my own region and my never-ending enthusiasm combine to insure that you will see and taste the best Provence has to offer with an emphasis on Cultural Tourism, Entertainment, & Gastronomy. 10 years of combined experience in the guest service and hospitality industries helped me understand the importance of a service that is dedicated to creating a reliable, personal, and positive travel experience. With a comfortable air-conditioned van, I can tour up to 6 passengers in my own vehicle, and up to 8 in a rental one. Along with my personal language skills and my natural curiosity and enjoyment of diverse cultures and people, you can be assured of a journey you will want to share and perhaps repeat.Representing the “heart” of my region to the world is my pleasure.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Hong Kong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great guide, thanks for the sunshine!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Marlene toured us for a day around the Luberon region for a day and I wished we spent a few more days there! She is an excellent guide, listens to your concerns and adjusts the tour depending on the needs of the group. I traveled with my husband and his 80 year old parents so we wanted a slower pace but she was still able to show us so many things around the area. It was our luck that we had a beautiful Spring day so the views on the hill top villages were just amazing and breathtakingly beautiful. She is passionate and very knowledgeable about the region and this reflects in how she runs the tour. I highly recommend her services!

1 Thank junebug75

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 216 helpful votes
“Such a great guide!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were so happy that we picked Marlene to be our guide! She knows where to go, where to park, who to talk to...I could go on and on. As others have said, she IS a FRIEND in France. Sure, you can find these places yourselves but Marlene added so much dimension to our trip….our time with Marlene was so special! She really listens to you and intuitively takes you to places that you will enjoy. We picked out places that we would like to see before the trip, but Marlene added so much more. We did the hill towns that you think of when you visualize Provence but the real "sleeper" treat was the time we spent in Carmague. The bird sanitary was amazing and I am not even into that sort of thing, and the visit to Saintes Maries de la Mer was such an enjoyable change of pace. I will tell everyone that I know that is planning a trip to Provence that they should contact Marlene for a wonderful day! Don't even hesitate to contact her....you will be so happy that you did!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Well Worth It!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

What a great day! Marlene picked us up promptly and had a fantastic agenda planned. She gave us a lot of history during the time in the car, and was able to answer every question we had. She took time to show us the right places to shop, the most traditional foods, and excellent points of interest. She made adjustments for our preferences and was cheery the entire time. She has a great personality and made the experience so enjoyable. We only had her for one day, and we wish we had booked two or more. There's so much to see in Provence that it would be very hard to sift on our own. Plus her car is very comfy and has this huge sunroof so when you pass by areas that have a great view above you, she you can see it! Highly recommend.

2 Thank Patti P
Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very good”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had a great time with Marlene, spending 2 days looking at Cezanne and Van Gogh interest sites and the last day doing the hill top village tours. Throughout the tour, she was always punctual, obliging to our various needs when travelling with elderly parents and really showed us the Provence that we have come here to experience and see for ourselves. Very good and highly recommended.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank James135
Birmingham, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Simply the Best!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the Hill Town tour with stops at the Gordes market, Rousillon and Lacoste. Marlene is knowledgeable as one would expect but her personality is what really made our time with her enjoyable. She is quick to determine if you prefer a picnic or a more formal lunch. We opted to enjoy a leisurely picnic at an olive mill of food items purchased in Gordes. She just knows whether you wish to linger and shop or hurry along to another destination.

We enjoyed Marlene so much we hired her to take us from Avignon to Lyon. Wouldn't you know it, she planned a wonderful Chateauneuf du Pape wine tasting and was willing to adventure to a new hill town for a wonderful lunch with locals enroute.

Visited September 2013