Stayed at this very good Mercure for a week as part of an independent group of travellers. My friend and I were very impressed by the excellent location of the hotel which is so convenient for walking to all major tourist sites of the city. Our room which was on the front of the hotel was sometimes subject to a little early morning noise from local cleansing and recycling vehicles but this could be overcome by closing the window and keeping the a/c on. The room was very well appointed, including, unusually, a kettle for tea/coffee making. Bathroom spacious, toilet cublcle not so roomy but was not a problem - could be if one is on the more "ample" size. Breakfast buffet could do with a little tweak to the layout to ease queues when busy but we could not fault the selection of food provided which catered for a wide range of tastes. All the staff we encountered were very helpful and appeared to be happy in their work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A privileged location in the heart of the city. The Mercure Avignon Centre Palais des Papes is situated on the Place de l'Horloge square, the vibrant centre of the old city with its theatre and numerous cafes. Close by is the Palais des Papes, or Palace of the Popes, incorporating the International Convention Centre. All in all, this hotel is the ideal place to discover the charms of the city and make the most of your visit to Avignon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Avignon Centre Palais des Papes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Avignon Cite Des Papes Hotel Avignon
- Accor Avignon Cite Des Papes