We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and it was very comfortable, clean, and quiet except for the elevator noise, which I now think it was a service elevator. The hotel is just off the main square and it was quiet and the window in the room was well insulated and when closed it kept out all outside noise. The elevator noise stopped eventually late at night and of course started up again in the a.m. and while it was annoying it wasn't enough to complain about. We use a "white noise" machine so we just turned it up louder. The bathroom had a nice shower/tub, nice toiletries and it was roomy, fairly modern and very clean. The room was not overly large but it was comfortable just the same and the hotel provided a coffee/tea service in the room.
We did not have breakfast at the hotel because it was so easy to find reasonably priced food on the main street. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A privileged location in the heart of the city. The Mercure Avignon Centre Palais des Papes is situated on the Place de l'Horloge square, the vibrant centre of the old city with its theatre and numerous cafes. Close by is the Palais des Papes, or Palace of the Popes, incorporating the International Convention Centre. All in all, this hotel is the ideal place to discover the charms of the city and make the most of your visit to Avignon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Avignon Centre Palais des Papes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Avignon Cite Des Papes Hotel Avignon
- Accor Avignon Cite Des Papes