“Stunning place, chic but comfortable”

Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Avignon
Maison Boussingault
Ranked #25 of 55 Avignon B&B and Inns
Buckhurst Hill, United Kingdom
“Stunning place, chic but comfortable”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The owner Anne Durget is very welcoming with, in my opinion, marvelous taste, the rooms are large, airy, newly decorated in a modern style, the soft furnishings add to the comfort.(the only thing missing was a long mirror)
It had the best air conditioning unit that I've seen even in the classiest hotels, it works so quietly it can barely be heard.
My bathroom was a good size, it had a large vanity basin, with excellent fixtures and fittings, a very large bath with a high quality shower unit and masses of hot water.
Anne is rightly proud of her Breakfast spread which is served on the terrace with a wonderful selection of croissants, home-made jams, fresh fruit, natural yogurt, freshly squeezed orange juice and a flow of high quality coffee or tea
if you want quality then I can highly recommend a stay there!

Room Tip: this is set in a quiet corner of a fairly quiet street
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Christine T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My sister and I loved everything about this B&B. The place is centrally located and about a 10 minute walk from the central train station in Avignon.

Anne was very accommodating to our needs and was the perfect host. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. I found a tour of Provence online and Anne helped us book it through the phone. So helpful!

Anne bought this place a few years ago and renovated it to this lovely B&B. We loved the room but LOVED her upstairs kitchen/living room even more. She did a great job with the renovation and has a great style for decor. I would stay here again!! <3

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Caroline C
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great location, inside the walls and a 5-10 minute walk from the Palais des Papes. Rooms were pleasant and clean, located around a nice courtyard on a quiet side-street. Anne was a warm & friendly hostess, and breakfasts on the upstairs terrace in the morning were a pleasure. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lisa m
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This place was the perfect ending to my trip ro please my citygirl heart. Don't get me wrong I love love being in the rural landscape but I love staying a design B&B such as this one just as much. While having breakfast in the upstairs apartment of owner Anne I couldn't stop looking at the beautiful living rooms and how it was perfectly accessorized. The room was spacious enough as well and the B&B is very nicely situated in the centre of Avignon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rooftop_Antics
Maryland
Reviewed 28 January 2014

After living in the UK for nearly 3 years and watching shows like 4 in a Bed, I've been turned off by B&Bs. Sorry, I don't want to stay in a room with your creepy doll collection. I am happy to report that Maison Boussingault is a far cry from most of the B&Bs I've seen on British television- or stayed in thanks to poorly researched Groupon buys.

It look us a few tries to find the precise location- thanks SatNav! When we did find it though, it was like finding a hidden gem that you want to keep all to yourself. The open courtyard was just lovely. The rooms were decorated, minimally, in beautiful neutrals. After returning for the evening, we found the courtyard lit with candles- enchanting! Breakfast was fresh, delicious and beautifully presented.

My only complaint- not having more time to spend here. A second night would have been perfect!

Room Tip: I don't think there is such a thing as a bad room here. You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GoBruiserGo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife and I based our time in Provence out of Avignon. This place was perfect. Incredibly clean. Awesome location, as we wanted to be within the city walls. Anne, the host/owner, is great, fun to talk with and full of advice on places to explore.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris C
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at Maison Boussingault for the last night of a two week vacation and we couldn't have picked a more lovely place to stay for our last night. Anne was so welcoming and provided us so many helpful suggestions for food and attractions. The room was so clean and decorated so nicely. I wish that Maison Boussingault was in every city that we visited on our trip - I would stay there every night. Since we had to get up so early to depart home, Anne prepared coffee and fruit, yogurt, etc for us the night before so we could eat before we left in the morning (at 5:45am!) which we greatly appreciated. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple