La Mirande Hotel
US$136
  • Restaurant
US$141
Auberge de Cassagne & Spa(Le Pontet)
US$254
US$159
Travelocity
US$295
US$200
All reviewschef's tablecooking classpope's palacecooking schoolwine cellarbasement kitchenthe palais des papespublic roomsgourmet restauranthistoric buildingwonderful hoteloverlooking the gardenold world charmfavorite hotelbedroom and bathroomour honeymoonluxury hotel
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Hands down - one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The rooms were gorgeous and the bathrooms the ultimate in comfort - from the huge tub with bath oils to the amazing shower. The front desk was incredibly helpful - went out of their way and arranged a last minute driver through the wine region. The only downer was the chefs dinner - for 86 euros I was certainly expecting a great deal more...maybe I was spoiled from so many excellent restaurants, but it didn't seem like you got very much for your money (dessert was roasted figs w/ whipped cream - nothing special).

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CoalMine_Canary
Reviewed 18 October 2012

we stayed at the hotel a week during the new year of 2011-2012. we booked one of the apartments, it was the one that is one flight up and is in a separate building from the hotel.
even though this was an apartment the service was like a 5 star hotel, when checking in our car was parked for us and luggage was brought to the room. you could order room service, there was maid service daily, they even cleaned the dishes you had used in your kitchen and left fresh flowers, which seemed always to be perfectly timed after we had gone out for an excursion and was always done before we returned, these are small things that make a stay at a hotel special.
the interior of the apartment was beautiful Provençal, very cosy and personal. the hotels lobby, restaurant and common areas are all very cosy and nicely done. restaurant is very nice in the evening, with a fireplace.
we travel with our dog and he was allowed to dine with us in the restaurant, even on new years eve, and this is a michelin star restaurant, there was also an other dog, and it worked fine.
the service in the hotel and restaurant was very friendly and helpful.
this is place we will return to for sure. it is everything you expect of a luxury hotel in Provence.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank orwellthemaltese
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel is expensive but is worth the price. Everything is perfect, beginning with the warm and professional welcome by reception staff, nicely furnished rooms with practical amenities, deluxe breakfast and beautiful patio to enjoy it. Perfectly restored building located right next to the palace of popes. Staff willing to arrange anything. Dont forget to book a dinner in the hotel restaurant, it is delicious. A very good wine offer for demanding customers. La Mirande is a perfectly managed and enjoyable hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Juro T
Management response:Responded 10 October 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

We we pleased to read your comments regarding your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your brief time at La Mirande and your kind responses came as wonderful feedback to us and all the staff. Praise is as important as criticism when it comes to knowing how to improve the Hotel, whether it be general or more specific and it is gratifying to see from your comments that we are on the right track.

In the hope of welcoming you back to La Mirande on a future occasion, we thank you again for your kind comments and for having stayed with us this year.

Yours sincerely,

F. Lacoste
Resident Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2012

La Mirande is a very special luxury hotel. With only 26 rooms, staying at La Mirande is like staying in someone's very well-appointed and eminently elegant private home. Which just happens to be across the little cobblestone street from the Palais du Papes. This is a hotel that does not need the hype - it is about understated chic. Its your thing, or its not. La Mirande may not be for everyone, but for those extremely discriminating travelers who are looking for a rich yet comfortable, singular hotel experience that focuses on detail, tranquility and good taste, there is nothing that comes remotely close in Avignon. I concur with a previous review that the rooms on the higher floors are ideal. Room 26 on the top floor (pretty sure) was like a very well done little garrett with windows overlooking the glorious garden and restaurant, along with the Palais du Papes. Each room is a different design palate and color scheme, but all are done in a very traditional theme, with gorgeous silk wallpaper that is often echoed into the bedspreads, drapes and upholstery. The bathrooms are all double sinks and ceramic tile or marble floors. The public spaces are to die. From the central courtyard that looks like it came from a movie set, with the kilim draped on the long table and great big bowls of fruit and decorations - where afternoon tea is de rigeur - to any of the salons off the courtyard. We loved the small bar with so much character and detail and the adjoining salon with its bright striped walls and low chairs and divans. And of course, the garden is spectacular with several areas in which to dine and enjoy the sunny afternoons or warm evenings. Possibly my favorite space, though, was the kitchen where the cooking lessons and chef's table take place. This was intimate, traditional and so well done - it felt timeless - with such character anyone could imagine sitting at the expansive kitchen table and watching a chef, who is right next to you - prepare a fantastic dinner. We did not eat in the restaurant, but I was told by a friend from Avignon that it is the hands down best restaurant in town. Quel surprise!

Room Tip: My favorite was room 26, which was on a top floor and more of a little garrett with lots of light and views overlooking the garden. Each room is different. Look at the photos to see if one suits more than another, but you can't go wrong, regardless.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
FLOBIS, Resident Manager at La Mirande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for your kind feedback you posted after having experienced our house.

We attach great importance to what our clients tell us, in the constant hope of ever-improving the service and quality on offer at La Mirande. Your kind responses are gratyfing us and are sharing with all the team.

It will be a great honor to welcoming you back to La Mirande on a future occasion.

Yours sincerely,

F. Lacoste
Resident Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2012

When I stepped in the hotel, I was astonished if such a hotel exists in the touristic center of Avignon. What an elegant and discreet Hotel. The receptionist (a beautiful lady) welcomed me. I was lead to my room on the second floor. Not a large room but sufficient for me since I was alone. I had a terrace almost as big as my room overlooking the Palace. I had all the comfort I needed. ( I am 81 years, and been traveling all around the world). When I got to the lobby there was a gentleman ( I think his name is Mr. François), hewas as hospitable as the lady. The restaurant was full, but they led to a nice table. The meal was excellent. I had to go to my room to rest. The second day was the same treatment. Everything was perfect except for the price.

Room Tip: Any room on the highest floor, especially those facing the Pope's Palace. Although my room was considered a normal bedroom, I was lucky to have a large terrace. The interior decoration from the bedrooms, to the floors, and from the ceiling to the floor is exceptional. is absolutely a perfection from the bedroom to the bathroom. The service is impeccable from the front desk, the bar, the restaurant, and room service. Though I stayed in August, I heard no noise of air-conditioning. I have to add some special compliments to the beautiful lady, and the handsome gentleman (I don' remember their names). Their hospitality and at the same time their discreet attitude makes me wonder if I am at tourist center Avignon. The only defect, for me, is the price, be it lodging or dining.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo