“So glad we booked All Provence”

All Provence Private Tours
Ranked #15 of 45 Tours in Avignon
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours and transfers with a local chauffeur guide in the comfort of an A/C minivan. Fluent in French, English, Spanish and Portuguese. all regional touristy sites and other places and activities off the beaten path. Service available 7 days a week up to 6 people.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are just finishing up our two week vacation in Provence, and it has been amazing. The highlight of our trip was booking All Provence Tours - as this was our first time in the area, and we didn’t want to drive. We booked 2 days with Laurent and 1 day with Sarah (Laurent’s wife), and got to see so many sights we never would have seen on our own: the market in St. Remy de Provence, St. Paul de Mausole asylum, a wonderful farmhouse lunch (with lunch cooked by the 94-year old farmer), a visit to Les Baux, and the Carrieres de Lumieres - a spectacular immersive art presentation in a disused limestone quarry. And that was just one of our 3 days!

We’ve been lucky to travel quite a bit, and have learned that, for us, a private tour is a very worthwhile investment...we get to find out the history and background of whatever we’re seeing/visiting. Laurent and Sarah freely shared their knowledge and love of the region, which made this trip our favorite vacation to date. When we mentioned some day trips we were doing on our own, Laurent suggested also going to Marseille (he even got the train schedule for us). We went and had an awesome day.

General Info:
Super punctual
Very good English
Easy to deal with via email before and after booking
Clean new vehicles (in which neither of us smelled cigarette smoke)
Good driving skills
Knowledgeable about the area with many local contacts and “insider tips”
Lastly, yes Laurent smokes, but we didn’t find it irritating. He discretely smoked a few times while outside (never in the car). Be aware that in Provence, a lot of people smoke - it’s very common in outdoor restaurants, etc., so if you’re allergic or it really bothers you, you may want to skip Provence / France / Europe in general.

We will definitely contact All Provence when we visit the area again (which I hope is sooner rather than later!).

All reviews
in 80 reviews
"itinerary"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my first time hiring an ndividual tour guide. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, I engaged Laurent for four days during our Provence visit. He is personable, knowledgeable, speaks English beautifully, drives well and has a nice vehicle, shows up on time and has a passion and insight for the many nuances of Provence and its towns, cities and villages.
What keeps me from assigning a 5 is the following...
I did not think I needed to consider whether the tour guide was a smoker or not. I am allergic to smoke, and on the first day of our tour shen Laurent lit up, I told him I was allergic. I think that should have been the last time he lit up but it was not. He continued to smoke when we were walking, and when he did I had to step back, move away because I got an instant headache. I am not sure what part of “allergic” to smoke Laurent did not understand.
I also think that offering bottled water would have been appropriate as well as some brochures or literature on sites to be seen.
If smoking is not an issue for you then Laurent is an engaging and capable guide.

What part of allergic to smoking do you not understand. After day one should have never lit up again but did. I could not be near him and his breath gave me daily headaches.
500 per day perhaps water in car, brochures, literature, map
Not very animated... too much news and commentary

Reviewed 13 June 2018

So knowledgeable yet casual, patient while visiting sites/markets, fun and engaging, Laurent will make your day/days the most fulfilling and interesting. We spent a full day with Laurent and could have done more. We let him plan the itinerary as we had never been to Provence. Fabulous and Fun. We also recommended and booked restaurants in Avignon which we would never have found. Book with Laurent and you will feel like you are hanging out with your best first cousin who happens to know ALL about the area!

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We recently engaged All Provence for an all day tour of the Provonce region. Laurent is an outstanding guide and bought the wine and other tour stops were well planned. Also helped us plan out a number of day trips during the rest of our stay.

We visited a number of wineries that might be difficult gaining access without an experienced guide.

Would highly recommend this service to anyone visiting the area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 November 2017

My friends and I had traveled to Lyon for a wedding, and afterwards, we wanted to explore more of Southern France, as none of us had ever been. However, because we all had different travel schedules, we only had one day to explore once we arrived in Avignon. We contacted Laurent in advance and told him we were interested in seeing the Luberon, but that we also wanted to taste some wines at Chateauneuf-du-Pape and that we had a reservation at Chateau-La-Nerthe but were open to reservations for a second tasting.

Laurent's recommended itinerary was spot on: he was a little early to pick us up right outside of our hotel in his new car, and off we went to see Gordes and Roussillon, with Laurent's fascinating commentaries and factoids on the history of the area. Laurent also knew that we were disappointed to miss lavender and sunflower season by a few months, so he improvised between villages and took us to a really pretty poppy field where we took some fun pictures.

He then arranged for us to have lunch at Le Château des Fines Roches, which was gorgeous, had amazing and decently priced food, and offered fabulous wine. Following lunch (Laurent did not join us), he took us to a winery that none of us had ever heard of, Ogier. It's not as accessible to non-French speakers as other places, so he acted as our interpreter, and our hostess was very friendly and drank wine with us. We had reservations at Chateau-La-Nerthe afterwards, which was overrun with American tourists, and the wines at Ogier, which I thought were almost as good, were significantly cheaper.

We were thrilled with our day, but Laurent had one more surprise for us. He took us to a chocolatier, Chocolaterie Bernard Castelain, to round out our day before dropping three of us off at the train station. He then very graciously took the remaining two back to our hotel to pick up their bags and then drove them back to the train station.

This was the best 400 euros that 5 people could have spent on this trip, and we were more than happy to tip on top of that. We certainly hope to return, and if we're fortunate enough to do so, we fully intend to use Laurent's services again. I cannot recommend him enough.