“For those who know Vietnam dish, Please DON'T GO”
Review of XUAN

XUAN
Ranked #165 of 596 Restaurants in Avignon
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Description: XUANrestaurant chinois et vietnamien04 90 86 03 75
Hong Kong, China
“For those who know Vietnam dish, Please DON'T GO”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Vietnam for few months before for business trip, and I love Vietnamese cuisine very much.

This restaurant maybe owned by Vietnamese, BUT they definitely do not know how to do Vietnam cuisine.

My friends and I were shocked by the food quality. I will say it is horrible.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Antibes, France
“tasty starters”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The mised starter (with nems, wonton etc) and steamed dumplings were utterly delicious!
We chose the prawn special and caramalised porc for mains and they were good but not incredible. We also ordered the veggies and there was rather a lot of tomatoe flavoured sauce with them and the prawns but all was good and tasty. The waitresses were not very friendly but were professional and the service was very good and quick. Also the carafe wine was really drinkable and reasonably priced.

Visited July 2014
NY/Westport/Provence
“When you got can't eat one more Magret du Canard”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have been going to Avignon since 2004, 4/5 times a year. I had walked by this place but never noticed the cute 'real entrance' to the side of the awning that is a modern, lovely bistro style restaurant. I am not going to say this is 'Chinese/Asian Tops'..but it was a very nice change of pace and it really hit the spot. The restaurant has a nice ambiance, much nicer than the Asian restaurants (in general) in the U.S. and I appreciated that they offered local wines so i was able to start with a 1/2 bottle of the local Tavel Rose at 1/2 the price of any French bistro in Avignon. The big hit at this restaurant (albeit not exactly 'heart healthy) is there take on the Vietnamese spring/eggrolls called Nem that come in a very large portion as an appetizer and are very tasty after rolling them in fresh lettuce and using the dipping sauce. The soups were very good…not salty and oily and a bit different from what we find at home. The Vegetable and chicken soup was good as was the shrimp wonton soup. I returned twice (second time I was a friend….btw…they speak French which was great for me..but English? Not so good..but..menu has english) so I sampled the Chicken with almonds (I stay simple with Asian in France) and also the duck with vegetables an noodles. Both were tasty with a side order of the cantonese rice. 30 euros with my 1/2 bottle of wine and very nice …deliberate pacing in serving the dishes…not the rush-rush you find over here. So…if I am rating this restaurant compared to the myriad of amazing places around the NY area…it would not fair as well…but as a surprise in a town that I find has the least
varied offerings in ethnic restaurants….a nice little find! I know I will return from now on after I just need a night off from anything Provencal or French. Without doubt…the best Asian in Avignon city proper.

• Visited April 2014
silicon valley ca
“E2 per shrimp? You're kidding right?”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I just came back from lunch and I'm hungry! Sure it is cute from the outside and inside. Sure it is a nice change from a baguette sandwich. Yes, all the reviews say it is a pleasant place. But value for money? I dont think so. The shrimp were small, not medium by US standards, and there were five for E11. In the US, anywhere in San Francisco, you would have been served at least 12 maybe 15 for $15, the equivalent of E11 in today's currency exchange. I don't mind paying for the vermicelli or the different spring rolls at twice the price of the USA, which I also ordered, but I do balk at $2.50 per small shrimp. I'd rather eat a baguette and an omelette for E8 down the road.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank deb666
“A good change from European cuisine ”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

After weeks of European food, we were craving a change. Xuan offered great food at good prices. We were pleased with our meals and service and would recommend and eat here again when in Avignon. Thanks for a good meal.

1 Thank Rachel P