Hotel Garlande
US$130
US$117
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Auberge de Cassagne & Spa(Le Pontet)
US$253
US$626
US$581
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Le Magnan Hotel(Avignon)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$101
All reviewsyogurtpedestrian areathe ground floorgracious hostscharming hotelno elevatorhard boiled eggsold townsmall streethome madesmall hotelthe main squarehomemade jamsfamily roomthe heart of the citycompotemobility issues
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I needed a room for one night arriving at Avignon TGV to travel on in Southern France. A very regular circulating public bus transport brought me quickly to a stop near the Avignon SNCF station. The Information Office at this station kindly provided me with a litte map and demarcated on this map the spot where I could find Hotel Garlande. I arrived there within ten minutes walking through the nice old centre of town. The hotel is is located in a beautiful monumental building in a quiet environment. The receception was very helpful in explaining how I could find everything I needed in the centre of town and I immediately felt totally at home. If I had the opportunity, I would have stayed longer.

Room Tip: I guess every room is okay
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Conrad B
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We throughly enjoyed this delightful little hotel and found the patron and his wife extremely charming and helpful. They seemed happy to go the extra mile for us pointing us in the right direction for restaurants as not everything was open in the early New Year. Our room was tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean and I personally love to have the option of a bath! The bath towels were on the small side but that is about the only thing I can find to fault about the place.
Delicious breakfasts too!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank felicificonehopes
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Where to begin...first the location is perfect, on a small street almost in the exact center of walled Avignon. I did not check as my wife and I just strolled everywhere, but I think you could walk to anywhere within the walls in 30 minutes or less. Additionally, the nights were quiet and the sleep plentiful.
We chose the French breakfast and the bread was fabulous, fruits fresh and drinks great. The owners always check on us during this time to ensure that not only was the food great but that our stay was as well. Need directions, no problem...how about a taxi, done...looking for the best sites, check...want a friend, here they excel. The owners, husband, wife and their beautiful golden retriever, are just super hosts and do everything possible to ensure your trip to Avignon is pleasant.
Rooms are well cleaned and ample in size. Location is perfect and did we say the owners are some of the nicest people you will meet in France, though as a side note, everyone we met was gracious.
When we return to the beautiful city of Avignon, there is no other place we would consider...none!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bogeybacall
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Excellent, very helpful service & assistance from start to finish. Our room (#6) was ideal for a couple; large enough, with a spacious bath room. Very little street noise. Decor is 'homely' and although the bath room was somewhat dated, everything worked & there was plenty of hot water. There is central heating (you control the radiator thermostat), air-con (not used!) and free Wi-Fi. Plus TV, coffee, tea & a fridge with a mini-bar. There was also a safe. The only real downside is that anyone with any kind of reduced mobility might struggle a bit with the 2 flights of relatively steep spiral stairs. There are rooms on the ground floor which might be preferable if available. The hotel is just 2 minutes from the main sqaure, and 5 minutes from the secure, underground car parks (17.50 Euros for 2 nights parking). Overall, Avignon is a great place to visit, certainly for a weekend and the Garlande is an excellent base for exploring the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tascaball
Reviewed 27 December 2013

It is the most spacious hotel that we ever stay. Great location, very friendly and helpful staffs. Not just the normal kind of helpful but really really friendly and helpful. We felt like staying in a cousin's house. These you'll never find in a five star hotel. if you are hesitating to book this hotel..go for it!!! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple