“Very nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 69 Hotels in Avignon
Singapore
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Hotel very nice and rooms very clean and wifi is excellent. The lady owner was very nice and obliging to change rooms for my elderly parents to one with less steps. I understand that particular room is popular for its apartment-like concept but not suitable for elderly as the steps between room (bedroom/corridor/toilet/living room) make it a tripping hazard. The owner however clearly saw our situation and did everything to help, resulting in the room change. Breakfast was great although there is no hot breakfast. The variety of breads, fruits is more than enough to fill you up.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Lyon, France
Reviewed 13 March 2014

A friend and I stayed at Hotel de Garlande for two nights in early February, and our experience was improved tenfold by our choice of hotel. We were travelling with a student budget, yet despite that we chose to spend the few extra Euros here, and were very happy with the decision. The owners were incredibly friendly, spoke perfect English, and gave us valuable advice regarding "do's and don'ts" in Avignon. All we had to do was mention what activity we were in the mood for or what kind of food we would like on what budget and they immediately had recommendations for us. Our room was extremely clean, tastefully decorated, and bright, with a quaint view into the pedestrian streets in the heart of Avignon. Great experience, with personal yet professional service. Will recommend to any friends or relatives I know visiting the town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Clarksville, Maryland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel de Garlande for two nights in June. We were scheduled to arrive after the reception closed so Emmanuelle provided us with the gate code and left a key for us at the front desk, we simply checked in the next morning. The service was great, they were incredibly helpful with directions around the city and what we should not miss while we were there. The hotel was in a great location for walking around the city and seeing the sites. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Lyon, France
Reviewed 15 February 2014

we booked at the very last moment and got a significant price decrease for two double bed room.
Very pleasant wlecoming from the onwer, full of piece of advices so great staying in this gorgeous city.
The hotel if really nicely decorated and the breakfast is simple but good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank wattz
Clifton Hill, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Very helpful staff and owners. Very good English spoken for those of us with rusty French. Right in the middle of the old walled part of Avignon so close to everything. Discount parking available about 200 metres away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Matt L
Reviewed 16 January 2014

It is not often that I stay in a hotel and can find absolutely nothing to criticise!

The location is perfect for the historical sites, the shopping streets and the station/bus station.

The room was charming, a good size, nicely presented, clean and convenient. WiFi was excellent, the minibar was at supermarket prices.

The price was very reasonable for such good accommodation.

The breakfast was excellent and very good value.

The service is superb. There is nothing too much for them.

Do follow their recommendations for restaurants, they send you to the best at the best value.

I would go again and again.

Room Tip: I was in Room 3 and it was very nice, but I suspect that they all are. There is no traffic and no v...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank TimothyNathan38
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I needed a room for one night arriving at Avignon TGV to travel on in Southern France. A very regular circulating public bus transport brought me quickly to a stop near the Avignon SNCF station. The Information Office at this station kindly provided me with a litte map and demarcated on this map the spot where I could find Hotel Garlande. I arrived there within ten minutes walking through the nice old centre of town. The hotel is is located in a beautiful monumental building in a quiet environment. The receception was very helpful in explaining how I could find everything I needed in the centre of town and I immediately felt totally at home. If I had the opportunity, I would have stayed longer.

Room Tip: I guess every room is okay