“Like coming home”

Ranked #6 of 638 Restaurants in Avignon
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Deli, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "Le Petit Gourmand" is a typical french food small restaurant providing home made meals cooked by the Chef close to you as if you were at home. 16 seats inside and double possible outside during the beautiful season (outside terrace here may be used more than 6 months per year from Easter).We have a special meal called "Secca d'Entrevaux" (thin slices of dried beef with pesto, potatoe in a owen, hot melted cheese and mesclun). Other "must": fresh pastas with truffle, or fresh raviolis with foie gras inside and a few desserts that you may find all in our "Café Gourmand".The rest of the dishes are proposed according to the season.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Well, our home cooking was never quite this good - however, the matron treats you just as you would imagine her treating her grandchildren. You will be spoiled. Very unpretentious (a virtue in any restaurant!). Excellent items (all), with perfectly adequate sizes. Chicken entree (lots of tarragon) not to be missed; linguine with truffles had more truffles in one dish than I've cumulatively ever had. Fish of the day quite fresh, perfectly cooked.

2  Thank Jeffrey S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect, begining with the foie gras, then the filet de boeuf maturated, until the café gourmand. My wife ate a tagliatelli truffée that scented all around (and our table was outside!). A simple place with very attentive service.

1  Thank PPGG1957
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stopped at Le Petit Gourmand without first having read the reviews. The staff were welcoming and I had the fresh tagliatelle with a truffle cream sauce and the crème brûlée with a delicious rosé. It was with sadness that I hadn't enough room to taste more of their menu. The pasta was perfect, in both texture and taste and the crème brûlée was delicious. Perfectly crisp on top with being unbreakable, something they mess up frequently back home. If I get a chance, I will return here before I move on.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Excellent restaurant and nice people. I had the best meat in Avignon and south FRANCE. Take the veau pomme de terre or pattes truffes. I was going to forget the cheesecake. I recommend it strongly!! Call to reserve since they're always busy

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We ate here after seeing the reviews on Trip Advisor.
Very small place with short but well constructed menu.
Food well presented and very good value.