“VERY GOOD !”

L'Ubu
Ranked #59 of 592 Restaurants in Avignon
Cuisines: French
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Avignon, France
“VERY GOOD !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I just stopped there by myself for lunch and I was so pleased ! Really cute, enjoyable outside seating in a little street. The food was perfect (a lot of flavours, tasty , beautiful) and the service was very good, efficient, happy and lovely. Main with bread and desert for 14.50.
I will go back there for sure.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank stephanie d

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Folle pensée”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I love those little restaurants run by faimlies. This one is hidden amounst the wonderful architecture of ole historic Avignon. I tried L'ubu on a friends recommendation and was flabbergasted by the lovely traditional cooking. On the first visit we had Bouillabaisse (Thursdays only.. 10 euro with all the trimmings) topped with a bottle of local white Cotes du Rhone. And very nice it was. Two days later we were lucky to get a table.. but did and on this occasion enjoyed a prefect lamb shank braised with garam masala, aubergines, peppers and served with semoule. Very homey food. My friend had the Calamares, pan fried. Another great dish simply prepared to perfection. Chef Sam and Matrie'D Marie Pierre have got it going on .. and I will definetely be returning. Oh yeah .. for dessert we were tittlelated with Strawberry Pavlova. I can say no more... Superb

• Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Tres Bon!!! Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on a visit to Provence in September and it was the very best food we had during the entire 10 day trip. We had a melt in your mouth fish with risotto and fresh Lima beans and it was just superb. We wanted to go back the next day but they were closed due to street repairs. We were so bummed. I have been encouraging all my friend to try it. I hope they all have similar experiences. Divine food and service. Outside eating when it's warm. Delicious deserts as well.

Sliema, Malta
“Go there if you are vegetarian - they will feed you well!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Im usually very picky when it comes to my food. As a vegetarian my options are limited. Most of the restaurants serve boring salads, pasta, pizza or there is nothing veggie at all. This place is veggie friendly and they can adjust to your needs. The menu is changed daily and all the meals are freshly prepared. Even though the menu that day only had ravioli as a veggie option, the waiter assured me that every meal can be adjusted as a vegetarian meal.
I ordered polenta with aubergines and it was served with super yummy broad bean salad. It was delicious. One of the most interesting dishes Ive ever had in a restaurant! My boyfriend had ravioli which according to him was good as well.
The service was great with super energetic and positive waiter who was very helpful with explaining the menu.
I wish I could bring this place with me to Malta :)

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank agzu
San Jose, California
“Yummy & Vegetarian-friendly - Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Sweet people, yummy food, great vegetarian options, nice outdoor setting on cobblestone street. They had opened recently and were not too crowded... Hurry, it might change :-)

2 Thank Philippe L