Pop' Hostel
US$307
US$255
US$71
US$66
Ibis Avignon Sud(Avignon)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$596
US$420
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Le Magnan Hotel(Avignon)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
Kyriad Avignon Nord Le Pontet(Le Pontet)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$52
Agoda.com
All reviewsbed dormthe main streetcurtain for privacygreat locationbaguetteplace to stayold townwould definitely stay here againreception areaexcellent stayvisit avignonair conroom was largecroissantsbedsshowerplugs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Short and simple. You should stay here.
Right on main street, bar is great, happy hour is great. Swipe cards work perfectly, beds have own light / power / USB power. Locker under bed (byo lock, but you have that by now.)
Brekkie is a little light on amazingness, but there's a bakery across the road that is super cheap and delicious.
Bathrooms were clean, no complaints. WiFi and free computers.
Common area is awesome, some cool cartoon artwork (mega jealous). Forgot his name, but guy on staff was super mega helpful.

Avignon is short on hostels, but this is a quality choice. Everything a backpacker place should be, found here.

Room Tip: Lower floors maybe? Lift is strictly a 1 person at a time affair.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is very well situated, right in the middle of the main street during the festival which was great. I enjoyed the privacy of the curtain on the side of the bed and the box below the bed to secure my items. Nice view!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm not one to usually leave reviews in general but when I tried to speak to a staff member, the way they treated me spurred me to write this. Overall amazing location and super cool hostel, but the cleanliness was horrendous! When I first got to my bunk bed I was confused because I thought that they had forgotten to prepare my bed for me. Although my sheets were on the end of the bed, there for me to make the bed myself, which is not a problem, the mattress protector was disgusting! There were spots and stains and hairs everywhere! The floor in the room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks, and generally the toilets and showers on every floor where dirty too, but not as bad as everything else.

Theres no kitchen in this hostel, which is a turn off for one, but they do have a "kitchenette"... Before I even opened the door to this kitchenette it smelled from the inside. Upon opening the door you are overwhelmed with a disgusting smell that puts you off from eating anything for the rest of the day. Everything in the kitchenette was dirty, wet and the things that "had been washed" were dirty too... clearly there is no staff checking up on this regularly as there should be. The second day of my stay I finally stomached the smell because I was hungry and decided to use their microwave because it seemed like the least harmless thing to use. I swear to you it looked like the microwave had NEVER been cleaned in its existence in this earth. A solid layer of dirt surrounded the whole inside of it and again it smelled awful.

I had spoken to 3 staff members and overall was very displeased with how unhelpful they were. The first girl, young with dark hair, once I spoke to her, was quite nice, but before that upon arriving, had to sit in front of her and wait for nearly 10 minutes while she kept typing, and checking papers barely acknowledging that I was in front of her. The same thing happened with the second staff member, female blonde curly hair, who for a long time wouldnt acknowledge me, and instead of quickly answering my question would keep running off to the bar to pour drinks for people who had gotten there before myself.

Lastly, and the reason I decided to write this review, the older man with longer hair that works there, typically in the bar. He was at the help desk the morning that I was leaving, he quickly took my key card and passively asked how everything was, hardly even looking at me. So I stopped, and said, "Honestly? Very dirty" and apparently this made him angry because suddenly he went off and said "what was dirty, what are you talking about" and when I started explaining to him what I just wrote here, he kept rolling his eyes, sighing, looking extremely pissed off and cutting in to say "we cleaned" and when I brought up the kitchenette he snapped and said "ITS BEN CLEANED TWICE"... yeah, maybe in the last 2 to 3 months, and when I proceeded to tell him about the microwave he once again rolled his eyes, and basically waved me off, said something along the lines of yeah, uh huh, sorry about that, had already turned away from me and started working on something.

Because I dont care to waste my energy on people like that I didnt yell or raise my voice, but how DARE you treat your customers like that?! Are you kidding me???? Its disgusting, if you didnt want to know, then dont ask!

And to set the records straight, Ive spent this Summer living in southern France, working in a hostel myself, so I know whats its like, and I, and my staff, would NEVER have treated anyone the way I was treated.

Room Tip: all rooms are above the main street so nighttimes can be noisy.
1  Thank Alexandra_O_S
Fabien F, Gérant at Pop' Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

First I'd like to thank you for giving us your comments...

However I can't leave you telling you such bad things about our hostel.
First If you worked in a hostel, as you pretend, you should know than in none hostel around the world the bed is done for you, if no we call this hotel...

Secondly I can remember you (I'm the old guy you talk about in your comment) and when you told me the microwave is dirty I told you "thank you for telling me" and wasn't rolling my eyes and the other things you pretend I did... In fact we clean everyday the microwave and twice a day the showers (I don't think you did the same in your hostel...).

Thirdly I'm really sorry if all the staff (not 1, not 2 but 3 of us) were awful with you, very unlucky because never people complained about them. Maybe you should think your behavior was pretty unfriendly and we're not here to make social job, but just being as good as possible with people who want to talk and to exchange with us.

Regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This is realy cozy and clean hostel located just at the main street between train station and the old town. I stayed in 8 person room which was surprisingly spacious with a beautiful view! Also the bathroom is clean and new. Plus there is a happy hour between 6 and 8 in the reception bar with glass of wine for 1€!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Excellent location, the environment is young and pop, and they even have happy hour at their bar, 5 euros for breakfast with a great start of the day.
Though girls with long hair might have to consider to bring your own hair dryer, cos they might not offer it anymore. Both male and female staffs are friendly and helping.
Overall, this is an outstanding hostel.

Room Tip: 4 bedrooms at the 3f has nice view.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel