“Italian warmth in sunny Provence”
Review of Casa Castagno

Casa Castagno
Ranked #30 of 624 Restaurants in Avignon
Price range: US$24 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome At Castagno's A Smple Way Of Cooking Pizza With Fresh Products here it is pizza salad and basta we can make half pizza and salad as a formule
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Valérie and her chef provide a really relaxed and happy environment. We arrived at the strange hour of 15:00 and they took us in as their last table. At no point did we feel rushed and we were very comfortable.

1  Thank Literarytech

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a good Italian although the food is quite simple. My Arrabitta was one of the best I have ever had but others in my group felt the food was good but did not capture the essence of Italy. We were all agreed that the staff were all excellent, quirky and made the evening one to remember.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I wanted to find a place for lunch after a private tour we took that was going to be special for our 43rd Anniversary with 10 other friends. When I read the review of this place I knew it would be a great place and it was! The pizza was paper thin crust was fantastic and my lasagna was one of the best.
When we arrived they placed bottles of wine on the table for "tasting". Haven't seen that for years. The service was very quick and if our waitress didn't understand our questions her husband came right out to help. They are a sweet couple trying to make a go of it in this busy city. I highly suggest you go and enjoy a wonderful meal sitting outside (or in) and let them graciously take care of you.
And the prices were so reasonable!

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

If you want To be treated as a VIP customer go to That place! It s just all what you CAN expect getting from a restaurant : very good food, gréât waiter, very Nice atmosphère, do not hesitate if you are looking for a place to eat for lunch or dinner!

1  Thank dominique s
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We really enjoyed the food; had both a pizza and salad as side dish. Good toppings especially the buffala mozzarella! Friendly service! Thanks a lot!

1  Thank ingrid s