“Best Tour Friend in Avignon”

Provence Exclusive Tours
Ranked #14 of 40 Tours in Avignon
More attraction details
Owner description: I am an independent licensed guide providing tours of the main cities and monuments of Provence, but also driving around the beautiful famous and less famous sites of the area in my own mini van. After working for many years as a guide for groups, I decided to specialize in private tours (2014 is my 10th year!) to share my love and knowledge about Provence and France in general. Having lived and travelled abroad, I know what a difference it makes to visit with a local. Tours with me are always a mix of history, food and wine, local experience and daily life. I also specialize in theme tours (painters, Jewish Heritage, Roman architecture...) and special requests.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

we ever so enjoyed our day with Laurence. She was so attentive to all our needs. We were a group of 5 traveling from Miami on our first time in this region of France and wanted to get in the best in a day and Laurence did exactly that. we were fortunate to have her explain it all and make our days fun. We now know and understand about the Mistral.. and boy was it windy!! we will always remember our days in Provence and thanks to Laurence have the great memories of the region. If you want to enjoy of a Tour Friend in Avignon book with Laurence.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a fantastic visit of Avignon, with the Christmas market, and discovered the local habits, the "santons" and their origins. Laurence explained the history of the city, of the region, all the details of the different architectures through the centuries with an enormous cultural knowledge and many interesting anecdotes with a lot of humor. We chose a 2 hours visit, but it could have lasted longer .
Laurence is a "must" guide, if ever you go to Avignon!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I went to the Avignon festival in July and needed some advice on which shows and events to see. Laurence provided me with an interesting list to suit my tastes and also some which she thought I ought to see with a view to improving my level of French!

I returned to Provence in October to see more of the outlying areas and recontacted Laurence. She took me to St Remy de Provence, a wonderful medieval town, where she explained its history and architecture, its links with Van Gogh, took me round the market ,where I tasted some local produce, and pointed out the best souvenirs to buy. Laurence really has a superb knowledge of Van Gogh and is very enthusiastic and and very organised. I would recommend Laurence to anyone wanting to explore the area.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Thanks to a surprise birthday present from my husband, we both spent a day 'Truffle searching' with Laurence - what a wonderful way to experience a 'local' tradition - first you walk through the beautiful hillsides, with a 'truffle dog' nosing out the delicacies, and then you have the opportunity to taste the results of your efforts - heaven! We then went on to a charming hill-top village for lunch followed by a visit to an old windmill. Not only is Laurence a wealth of information, she keeps it light and entertaining, and she even ensures that it is warm and sunny in February! Overall a fantastic experience and a wonderful guide! Highly recommended to anyone who wants to discover Provence.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We are a bunch of wine bugs and shopping maniac from HK. We are restless and demanding. We planned our own itinerary and need a seasoned guide to execute. Laurence was excellent and down to every single detail. We simply relaxed and enjoyed. We are planning our summer trip with her.