“A wonderful experience with a wonderful guide”

Provence Exclusive Tours
Ranked #13 of 39 Tours in Avignon
More attraction details
Owner description: I am an independent licensed guide providing tours of the main cities and monuments of Provence, but also driving around the beautiful famous and less famous sites of the area in my own mini van. After working for many years as a guide for groups, I decided to specialize in private tours (2014 is my 10th year!) to share my love and knowledge about Provence and France in general. Having lived and travelled abroad, I know what a difference it makes to visit with a local. Tours with me are always a mix of history, food and wine, local experience and daily life. I also specialize in theme tours (painters, Jewish Heritage, Roman architecture...) and special requests.
Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience with a wonderful guide”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I spent two truly wonderful days touring Provence with Laurence. I wanted to see a horse show held by the Lake Monteux, near Avignon, and remembering the beauty of Provence from a trip I made many years ago, I wanted my husband to discover as much of Provence as possible in the few days that we had. I contacted Laurence and from her first email, I was impressed by the time and care she took to address my wishes. We planned a day in the Alpilles plus the visit of the pont du Gard and a day in the Lubéron. I had very high expectations, which ended up being exceeded!
Laurence was professional, yet very friendly and pleasant. She was flexible and took into account our wishes and preferences so that we had a very diversified visit of Provence with a perfect blend of art, history and scenic views as well as driving and walking. Laurence is extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of Provence, and has a lively and entertaining way to impart all sorts of information and anecdotes on history, art, culture, traditions, food ... on everything and anything. She also gave us various practical advices about where to find and buy local things.
With Laurence, we spent two extremely enjoyable and informative days, which appealed to all our senses. From the amazing villages (among others, Les Baux-de-Provence, L'isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Gordes, Roussillon with the Path of the Ochres), to olive oil and wine tasting, delicious meals in restaurants that she recommended, and also little diversions like tasting a raw almond picked from a tree in a garden or smelling wild herbs picked on the hill along the road, it was a fantastic experience. We also saw the "carrières de lumières", an incredible light and sound show in an old quarry by Les Baux (the theme was Klimt and Vienna), the Saint-Paul cloister near Saint-Rémy where Van Gogh was a patient, an old paper mill in action in Fontaine de Vaucluse, and we have many other marvelous memories, including the horse show "Eqi-le-show", to which we went with Laurence (she had bought the tickets as I had technical difficulties buying them from home).
Without a doubt, Provence is a beautiful region, but Laurence's insights and her eagerness to make us appreciate its secrets and charms redefined our visit into a unique and unforgettable experience. We fell in love with Provence. Thank you, Laurence! We will be back soon for sure.

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent tour - we'll be back!!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

For our first ever visit to Provence we wanted to maximise the limited time we had and decided the best way we could do this was to take a private tour with a professional guide. We could not have chosen better than Laurence. The two days we spent with her will provide memories that will last a lifetime. Whilst never feeling rushed she combined everything that we wanted to achieve. From wine tasting at the legendary Chateau Nerthe at Chateauneuf du Papes, to the Roman remains of Arles, Oranges and Avignon. To the wonderful local markets, back to the history of Les Beaux and the Pont du Gard (and a little more wine), the two days were packed full of incredible sites and history which we could never have found ourselves in two weeks let alone two days. Thanks to Laurence we have enjoyed a holiday we shall never forget and we shall be back again to see more - maybe when it is a little cooler.

Lynnwood, Washington
“Laurence is superb and will add huge value to your trip!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Laurence listened attentively to our wishes for sites of interest and tailored the day to our needs. She is highly knowledgeable and passionate about Provence making for a fantastic tour. Laurence gave us time to explore the sites at our pace and we never felt rushed. It was a delightful day of learning and seeing the many charms of Provence. With her knowledge in art history, lovely personality and astute listening skills, Laurence made all the difference in our experience of Provence. She helped us plan out the rest of our visit in the area and went above and beyond in providing us with a day I will never forget!

Toronto, Canada
“A charming and congenial expert”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I can't think of a better way to explore Avignon and Provence than with Laurence. She took us to markets, out of the way places, a couple of great restaurants and a little shopping (only because we asked). Laurence really knows her stuff and has a wonderful way of making it all fresh and interesting. I felt like we were being let in on a series of delightful secrets. She tailored the tour to what we had said we were interested in but didn't hesitate to add and suggest sites we'd never thought about once she met us. Thank you so much Laurence - I feel like an insider now!

Visited May 2014
Spain
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great historical overview tour of Provence”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My parents and I wanted a mix of touring the gorgeous countryside and culture of Provence along with a historical overview (we love Roman ruins, old historical buildings and history in general), and although Laurence was not available on both of the days we had available for touring, she was available one day to lead us on a historical tour overview of Provence. We went to Avignon, Pont du Gard, and Arles and she gave us as much history, both ancient such as Roman ruins and more recent such as Van Gogh's haunts, as we could handle! Laurence was very flexible and tailored the tour to our interests and needs, also taking care with my father who has some difficulty with uneven or steep terrain. All in all, the day with Laurence was great and just what we were looking for. Thanks, Laurence!!

Visited May 2014