“Fantastic Japanese with some of the best sushi I've had in France!”
Review of Naka

Naka
Ranked #105 of 678 Restaurants in Avignon
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2015

I have been wanting to try Naka for quite some time and after finally going for lunch yesterday, well, I was not disappointed in the least. Really, everything about the experience was perfect. We arrived quite late at almost 2pm and yet were warmly welcomed and not rushed. The servers were very friendly and knowledgable. But the food! Fantastic. I had a menu at 14 Euro with a mix of sushi, sashimi, a california roll and two japanese salads along with miso soup and rice. Everything was incredibly fresh and well-made. My friend had a mixed tempura platter at 17 Euros and it looked excellent - light and fluffy tempura. Although it is very close to the hubbub of Avignon, it is on a side street on a charming square and so much quieter and far less touristy than so much of what Avignon has to offer. I definitely will be back!

1  Thank Robinsonroost

Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

Naka swiftly seated our walk in party and accommodated our special needs. I thought their unagi was delicious and the others in the group were also equally satisfied. Service was professional, courteous, prompt and personal. The prices were reasonable, especially given their focus on a quality customer experience. I highly recommend Naka to anyone in Avignon seeking a high quality Japanese meal! Very satisfied!

1  Thank Flying_Possum
Reviewed 13 February 2015

One often speaks of “value for money” but if tempura is tepid and soggy instead of hot and crisp, its only value is that it can still be eaten, if not enjoyed. Other main items at lunchtime included brochettes of beef with not enough beef, and sushi, which was neither better nor worse than sushi in several other establishments around the center of the city.
Nevertheless, the restaurant is very pleasing to the eye, the service is efficient and pleasant. Because lunchtime prices are so reasonable, one can easily understand why it attracts a lot of people who have to be in the commercial center of the city in mid-day and want an exotic meal for under 20 euros,

1  Thank Davthor
Reviewed 2 January 2015 via mobile

I've been here to try something different than typical sushi/sashimi stuff. For sure it was a great choice for a lunch. Great tempura shrimps, miso soup and of course sushi as well.

I can recommend that place for any jap food lovers :)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everytime we go to Avignon, we eat at Naka. We even go to Avignon for the sole purpose of eating at Naka. Once a month, at least. The owners and the staff are lovely, always gracious and smiling, extraordinarily efficient, though we would prefer that all the food not arrive at the same time, something they don't seem to want to do.
The food is fresh, well prepared, and very tasty. The prices perfectly reasonable, and the decor quite fresh. Don't hesitate to visit this eatery in Avignon.

1  Thank prohatyn