“Great break from French food!”
Review of Naka

Naka
Ranked #107 of 661 Restaurants in Avignon
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went to Naka after about 8 days in France and needing a break from heavy French cuisine. Being from California we've had a LOT of sushi in our day from the best to the worst, and I would say Naka is very solid and very affordable. We both had the California prix fixe menu which had a great sampling of sashimi, sushi and small sides. Fresh, tasty, made with care and one of the few places open on Monday. Go for it!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

What a pleasant surprise to come upon this restaurant in this little square in Avignon. We always try to find a Asian/Japanese restaurant in every city we visit. The food was excellent, my wife ordered Ebi Tempura and I ordered the Torikatsu. The wait staff couldn't be more accommodating. Would go back if ever in Avignon again.

2  Thank Roger T
Reviewed 6 January 2017

My wife and I enjoyed a really lovely lunch here on a very cold winter's day. The food presented well and was flavoursome and filling. My dish included some vegetable tempura which I have to say was the best I have ever had, hot and crisp. The sushi/sashimi fresh and tasty. A good choice.

1  Thank Martin K
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Most sushi restaurants in Europe are cheap and quality is lower than average. This one has nothing to do with the best and expensive top sushi places in Tokyo or Kyoto but the sushis served at the sushi counter are nice for a quick business lunch.
There is no traditional Japanese sushi chef but the fish is fresh though the choice is limited. Less than 60€ for 2 including warm saké and coffee.

1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 6 April 2016

I've been to a lot of sushi restaurants in the States & Japan & elsewhere. One of my favorite ways to order is to ask the chef to recommend something fresh and to prepare whatever is freshest. Not at Naka. You can order what is on the menu. No more. That said, the menu selections, while not varied, were all very good.