We decided to take the train down to Provence for a change and decided stay at the Kyriad in Avignon overnight before picking up the hire car. The hotel was within 5 minutes walk of the station but we chose to get a taxi as it was 31 degrees when we arrived and we couldn't face dragging the cases any further. The taxi took 2 minutes but cost 10 euros, so be warned.
The hotel reception staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The room had everything we needed and was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was better than we expected and the hotel allowed us to leave our baggage in a secure room the next morning so that we could spend the morning in Avignon before picking up our hire car and collecting our luggage. There is a bus stop across the roundabout and you can travel into the town centre within 10 minutes and all for a euro. The hotel reception priovides a timetable on check in. All in all great value and a great location for either an over night stop or a long weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 3* hotel, ideally located at the heart of the Provence, just 5mn away from the city centre, the City of the Popes and 500m from Avignon TGV station. The 100 large and comfortable rooms accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children. All rooms have been refurbished and equipped with flat tv screens and offer a complimentary tea and coffee set! The hotel has been all renovated in 2010; free wifi access – free closed car park - ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kyriad Avignon - Courtine Gare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kyriad Avignon Courtine Gare Tgv Hotel Avignon
- Avignon Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Avignon