“AVIGNON FOR ONE”

Ranked #25 of 69 Hotels in Avignon
ENGLAND
“AVIGNON FOR ONE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

I arrived in Avignon and was given directions to the hotel by a very helpful tourist information office lady.

The hotel is ideally situated to visit the city. On arrival at the hotel I was welcomed by a helpful receptionist. I enquired into the availability of a quiet room. The lady advised me that she would look to find me a suitable room and on returning to the hotel after lunch she had very kindly allocated me a suitable room. I was very pleased with the room. It didn't have a view but I was advised of that and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and the ensuite. The room was quiet and I was not once disturbed by noise. The standard of housekeeping was adequate although in my five days the sheets were changed once, whilst not an issue the bed was not particularly well made each day.

I had little need to ask the hotel for any additional services during my visit and the staff whilst not being overly friendly apart from reception were efficient in their service.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

we spent 3 nights there in mid-September. Sound value, wonderful location, tends to be noisy in the early mornings due to waste collection. helpful staff. Attractive restaurant - both inside and outside.

I would recommend it to lovers of the quaint, but lack of efficient air con would put me off in high summer, especially in the festival.

Excellent for a weekend break out of high season, for those who like old fashioned hotels..

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeclarke98
Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

Location ok, restaurant busy and ok, staff good, but room 26 was innundated with Beg Bugs. I initially thought I was being eaten by mosquitoes, but it soon become clear that the bites were coming from the bed. Deeply offputting and we checked out immediately. The staff promised to look into it, but unless they are got rid of this is a hotel to avoid.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank simonjobs_1977

Travellers are raving about these Avignon hotels

Lyon, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

I stayed here last year mainly because of its proximity to the Palais des Papes. I arrived totally exhausted and did not sleep a wink all night because the hotel was so hot and noisy. The room was really stuffy and the hotel staff claimed to have run out of fans, so there was no reprieve from the heat. Plus, opening the windows only created more noise from the loud square nearby. One of the last sounds I heard was the noise coming from the garbage truck at 7am before it was quiet enough for me to get a few hours of rest. After complaining to the hotel about the noise and the heat, their only solution was to offer us a free breakfast which did not make up for such a horrible night. Additionally, their bathroom was tiny, smelled and was not as clean as I expected it to be. I would definitely not recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Batty5
sta barbara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

After reading some negative reviews we were expecting mediocre accommodations but were very happy with our mid-priced chambre overlooking the Pl de leHorloge. The view was great, the room was good-sized and the bathroom was modern and well-designed. The municipal car park is easy and accessible and the hotel location in a pedestrian area is wonderful.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank johnStaBarbara
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

We spent three weeks in France, staying in six different hotels, and this one, although recommended here and in guidebooks, was far below the standard of the others (all of which we enjoyed). Thankfully we booked only one night here, compared to 2 or 3 in the others. Our "standard" room was small, dank, and not very clean. It opened onto a small interior courtyard, several floors above a filthy glass canopy (we were offered a choice of this room or one looking out onto the plaza immediately above the noisy cafe, with no curtains, only shutters, for the windows). There was no door for the bathroom. There were mosquitoes in the room and they -- or something worse -- bit us severely in the night. The staff were friendly, but we were glad to leave and will not return.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank seak
Marseille
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

Fantastic athmosphere from the old century, very welcome staff and so good restaurant... We spent 4 nights at the hotel and we did not change from the restaurant of the hotel. Take the "Bourride des Pecheurs" and ask for a room with view to the Popes Palace if there is no more available then take the 'Horloge square" is also a wonderfull view. If we return to Avignon, we don"t go an other place for sure...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family