Really enjoyed our stay in this Avignon B&B. The hosts were very gracious, and were able to both recommend restaurants and make phone reservations for us (turns out you need them on a busy weekend night with tourists pounding the streets looking for dinner!) Our room was beautifully furnished, both with nice decorations and with painted designs that were hundreds of years old. The establishment's dedication to chocolate was a nice touch, with a little bowl of chocolates for a welcoming gift and lovely, thick hot chocolate for breakfast (which otherwise consisted of cut fruit, yogurt, packaged cheese, and an assortment of breads).
Travelers considering this location might want to know:
1) There's not a prominent street sign for the B&B, because of historical zoning, so you really need to find the address and follow directions to get there. We walked up and down the right street several times before we thought to look up the house number, after which we found it easily.
2) Our room was furnished with a bathtub and shower attachment, but not a standing shower. Some travelers might want one.
3) Our room was rather dimly lit at night, which made it slightly difficult to read guidebooks. However, there are lovely well-lit sitting rooms which make up for it.
4) This is a historical building, in a historical neighborhood. The building has no elevator (which I loved, because it was more authentically historic), and the streets would be very difficult to drive through if you're searching for this location in a car. But it was quite close to the Palais de Papes, with its large adjacent parking lot, which we found very convenient for parking our rental car overnight and enjoying day trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first B&B in Avignon (created in 2001), La Banasterie is a beautiful 16th century residence, 50 meters from the Pope's palace and two steps from the Pont Saint-Benezet which is one of the most romantic places in Avignon.With chocolate, red ochre or Naples yellow colored walls, the Guest House La Banasterie offers 2 rooms and 3 suites with refined decor, appreciable comfort and 2 apartments with full kitchens.We have a library, internet lounge with computer and free acces and depending on the rooms you choose, a shaded terrace, balcony or a patio with fountain.La Banasterie is a warm atmosphere, accentuated at night by the lights and candles you can enjoy comfortably in armchairs and sofas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your La Banasterie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Banasterie Hotel Avignon