“Nice and tranquille...but left hungry” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #92 of 588 Restaurants in Avignon
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: French, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gaillard, France
“Nice and tranquille...but left hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

First of all the waiters and everyone were absolutly adorable. The terasse outside was very quaint, and very relaxing. We were a large number of people and the waiting time was actaully perfect, no problem there. As for the food. It seemed good all around me. In my group there were orders of burgers and the tartare special of "gege" which everyone said were delicious. I however got the salad, and I understand I went during the festival so the tomatoes and melon couldn't have time to get mure, but seriously the quantity for the price was ridiculous. 1tomatoe and a half 3 pieces of melon with drops of balsalmic vinegar. I left as hungry as i came but 12 euros poorer. But besides that its a nice place.

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Good value great service great quality. Can only recommend if in avignon.
Bon rapport qualite prix. Excellent service

San Francisco, CA
“Great value, charming, warm service, good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place while walking around. The waitress came out as we were pondering the menu board. She worked hard with us in limited English to answer our questions, even involving the other very friendly workers. Once we were comfortable with the menu we decided to dine there, how could we not now that we'd met everyone there. They had a formule menu that was a great value, for a set price of 13.5€ you get a plate off the menu, a drink, and dessert. After explaining that the beef was organic and prepared in a French style I decided to try the burger, never had a homemade french organic burger and I wanted to see how good it was. I wasnt dissappointed, it was large and delicious. My wife had salmon raviolli served with sauce on a bed of potatoes and spinach with a glass of the recommended red wine that went really well with the meal. We were both very full after the plat, but still had dessert to choose. After a chocolate tart and flan we rolled out of there totally stuffed. The food was great and the service excellent at a really good price. You won't feel more welcomed and leave more fulfilled at any other place in Avignon.

3 Thank DKF808
VALERIE B, Propriétaire at Le petit Comptoir, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you for this moment.

See you soon