“Best Avignon”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from our garden next door
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Thomas F
“Best Avignon”
Reviewed 11 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Amaury greeted us in person, then showed us the ropes, best restaurants and attractions. He even loaned me his bike. He lives adjacent to the rental property in a great garden, and is totally gracious. We shall return.
Location is perfect, walking to all attractions. Apartment is comfortable with exterior view to small courtyard. He even includes parking in tight garage..bring a small car.

cycle-eur...
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 27 March 2015 for a stay in June 2014

I can't say enough good things about our stay in this apartment. It was very well outfitted with many thoughtful touches; clean and stylish. The owners were outstanding in their hospitality and care; we remember them with fondness. We were able to use the clothes washer which was much appreciated after a couple of weeks on the road. It was great to have a comfy and homey environment with the kitchen available for tea whenever we wished (we didn't cook although that would have been possible). The location was central yet tucked away in a private, quiet area. The owners went far beyond expectations in helping us to get the most out of our time in Avignon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Awillows
Friday Harbor, WA
“Truly outstanding”
Reviewed 25 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

No question, the best we have ever visited, and as VRBO owners ourselves we have some experience and perspective. Try it, you'll be pleased.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Michelle...
“Best place in Avignon!”
Reviewed 29 December 2014 for a stay in September 2014

When you stay at Amaury & Gilles apartment, it’s hard to decide where to begin on the review points as there were so many highlights. Amaury & Gilles, are two of the most welcoming and lovely people we have ever met. If you are looking to stay in a historic city in a beautiful, cozy apartment minutes from all the city has to offer, then look no further. We stayed 3 weeks in the apartment and loved every second of it. We used this apartment as our home base while we explored Provence; this is the perfect spot to stay to do this. The studio is spotless, the kitchen is well appointed and has everything that is needed to cook a good provencial meal from your market visit. The room has blackout blinds, comfortable bed and is very quiet; we had no problems sleeping (almost slept too well)! The apartment is in the non-touristy section of the old city; short walk through the beautiful old streets to the market, main square, shopping, grocery store and the Palais des Papes. We also received a tour of the upstairs larger apartment which is absolutely stunning for larger groups or families. We spent 9 weeks in Europe and this was by far, the hardest place to leave. The only thing that could keep us from returning is if it’s booked solid because of how popular it has become!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
alix_eh
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely flat, lovelier owners”
Reviewed 16 December 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I stayed here for a few nights in April of 2014. I live in England, and my mum in Canada, so we met up for a quick tour around the south of France. Amaury and Gilles are the loveliest holiday rental owners (or generally, just two of the loveliest people) I've met. Amaury picked us up from the train station in his car, drew us maps, shared his favourite places to go, etc. On our last day, he invited us up for espresso and gave us a tour around the property and grounds that he and Gilles are renovating - and gave us another lift to the train station!

The flat itself had everything you'd need - kitchen, amazing shower/bathroom, washing machine to do laundry (!), and so on. It's on a really quiet little side street, but just a short minute away from everything you'd need - markets, the Palais des Papes, shopping, etc. I can't say enough good things about Amaury, Gilles and their flat, and honestly would go back to Avignon just to stay here again.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Kathryn P
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Beautiful Apartment in Avignon”
Reviewed 24 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed four nights in the downstairs studio apartment earlier this month. Hosts Amaury and Gilles (who live in the house above) were incredibly welcoming and helpful. The apartment itself is beautiful (Gilles is an interior designer) and comfortable, with modern finishes but a lot of charm too. We made use of the kitchen space, which has everything you need (fridge, nespresso, microwave, kettle). The location is indeed just steps from the Pope's Palace and convenient to restaurants, the market, cafes, etc. We couldn't have been happier with it.

Your age range 25-34
Collette...
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Delightful stay... In every way!!”
Reviewed 10 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

I can only say that if you are considering this studio... Stop your search! Look no further! I stayed for three nights, having just left yesterday for the Luberon, and kicking myself for not having used Amaury's studio as my base for my 21 days!
Not only is the studio filled with warmth and quiet sophistication,
It has everything you could possibly need or want.
The highlight of my stay it has to be said...( And I just loved Avignon!).... Was the graciosness, caring, generosity and heart of this beautiful man, my host, Amaury!
I am a woman travelling alone to a foreign city and I could not have felt more cared for...( Even prior to leaving my home in the USA. ) I was picked up at the TGV at night... Given all kinds of info regarding Avignon as well as pertinent info re: the studio. When I inquired about where to purchase a charger for my devices...( i brought the wrong one w me!)... There was a new one at my door that day. When he brought me to the TGV to pick up my rental car, he came in with me, came to the car...checked it for damage...alerted the staff he found some and had them mark my contract accordingly... ! I have rented many places in my travels, and this was an experience that stands alone. Beautiful city, lovely people, fabulous apartment with an exemplary host!

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing