“Best meal in Avignon”

Price range: US$22 - US$29
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We arrived fairly early to the restaurant (7:30pm), and were seated immediately. The waitress helped me with the menu, as I didn't understand everything. We had the escargot , and duck breast which were definitely one of the best we had during our stay in France. It was fairly inexpensive in comparison to other restaurants, and the value was outstanding for the meal you get. We will definitely return without hesitation.

1  Thank Elizabeth W

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Small restaurant in a narrow side street with some seedy sex shops but not intimidating to get to the restaurant. only 9 tables in front of house and maybe 3 in a small back room. Front of house/waitress was the wife of the chef who, in turn, had but one assistant. Service is somewhat slow as one might expect in a place that has such a small operation but prepares each dish with care and panache. My wife had mussels in a white wine broth/sauce with a side of excellent greens dressed with an outstanding oil/vinegar/herb mixture, followed by a roast duck breast in a honey-citron sauce accompanied by sculpted mashed potatoes and roasted mixed vegetables, and finally, a moist dense mousse-like chocolate torte with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream. I had a parfait de foie de volaille a la Armagnac with the same mixed green salad, a splendidly rich and tender lamb shank a la Provençale with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables, and superb pears poached in red wine with sweet spices. Great meal, very friendly service, very reasonable for the quality. Excellent house wines. Go to this place for truly outstanding dining. But do call for a reservation because it fills quickly.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Small menu with comfort food but well cooked food presented. Friendly vibe and décor. Very tolerant of gluten-free dining request, even though the English-French discussion of this was a little difficult for our lovely waitress. But food came out that was suitable, tasty and well priced. Not fancy, but good feed at a good price.

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by a LOCAL! as somewhere he enjoys warm homey food. It was a quiet Monday night (off season too) and there was one other forgein couple as well as two French groups. The other forgein couple commented to us that this was there 2nd visit. My husband and I each had an entree, main and dessert. The menu had about six choices for each which gave us plenty to choose from (even with me being a bit fussy at times!). From our limited knowledge of French we could work out a lot of dishes but the waitress was so helpful and patient answering our questions. The food... hot, delicious, promptly served. My pork melted under my knife. We were well snd truly full before dessert! If you're expecting 'fine dining' (as some reviewers seem to be?) then this probably not it. The prices are far too reasonable to expect Michelin stars!! As another reviewer suggested... there were stew-like dishes. Arrh...Yeesss. It is home-style. But you don't have to order stew! If you're expecting something warm and homely... or if you try with an open mind, we can't see you could be disappointed?!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was in the romantic (and expensive) Avignon in November 2013 to attend a workshop (again), and I tried this tiny, pretty restaurant with one of my collegues. Despite the cold season, we succeeded to have our dinner outside, near the fountain (what a marvellous ambience), the owners, very young, were really kind and helpful with our orrible French. We had one dish (salmon with fresh cheese cream, horseradish and salad), not so abundant but of great quality, and a delicious dessert (meringue filled with sweet&sour cheese cream, topped with raspberries; chocolate slice with caramel). We payed only 12euros each (fresh water for free), It was very cheap compared with the average prices of Avignon. Really really nice! Well done, guys.