“Unexpectedly sophisticated!”
Review of Les 5 Sens

Les 5 Sens
Reserve with
Les 5 Sens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 619 Restaurants in Avignon
Cuisines: French, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unexpectedly sophisticated!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The owner of "Les 5 Sens" was nominated as the best worker of France some years ago. And I can fully understand this. This is without doubt the cleanest and best maintained Restaurant that I have ever seen - what a great sense of pride - bravo!

The design is unexpectedly sophisticated with strong hints of Asia- all in all very well done.

The food was fundamentally french - not a very large menu with a mix of prix fix and a la carte. The kitchen obviously pays close attention to the presentations and the quality of the food was excellent.

I would specifically recommend the Cassoulet and the Duck.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Madrid, Spain
“Creative Food, But Maybe Too Creative”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

First, the decor of this place and the set-up are both strange. It's a little too wide open, so when we walked in, I felt like we were interrupting everyones' meals all at once. I wasn't a fan of the decor. Not very cohesive, in my opinion. The food was super creative. I'm a vegetarian, so I got their veg tasting menu. The entree was an artful presentation of vegetably things. I ate it in about 15 seconds because it wasn't much food. It was more beautiful than delicious. Dessert was a very interested trio of sorbets, all of which incorporated a fruit and a vegetable and I was supposed to guess. Most of my guesses were way off.

Visited May 2013
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Excellent food and presentation”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Loved the Place, the service was excellent and the food was magnificent. A must if you are visiting Avignon and feel like fine dining by chef Thierry Baucher.

• Visited May 2013
johannesburg
“Exceptional cuisine! Recommended by Michelin”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Quality of the dinner and style of presentation - very professional and clearly the cuisine expertly prepared by a superb chef

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Vegetarian menu - but so different”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This is an elegant dining experience. The surroundings are smart. The greeting from Madame (her husband is the chef) and her staff was warm and friendly. We choose the vegetarian menu, which promised surprises and we were not let down. We started with a taster of three cheese-flavoured mouthfuls, all different. Then a delicious amuse-bouche of herb and spinach soup. The main course consisted of multiple dishes, each with its own distinct flavour and texture. Finally, we were callenged to identifity the contents of a trio of sorbets, all made with fruit and vegetables (!). I had a sumptious rich beer with my meal and my wife had a lovely glass of white wine. We ended with really well-made coffees. Not our cheapest meal in Avignon, but probably the best.

• Visited February 2013