“Wonderful food and service”

Le Figuier de Saint Esprit
Reserve with
Le Figuier de Saint Esprit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 681 Restaurants in Antibes
Price range: US$37 - US$148
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We dropped by on the spur of the moment aswewere staying nearby and were lucky to be able to choose one of two unbooked tables on a Wednesday night. We had our nine month old with us and this was no issue.
Wonderful professional service, the sommelier had a brilliant knowledge of the wines on offer, and he listened to my preference of Langdocien wines, he recommmended a wine i had before many years ago in Agde and we had a beautiful white with lovely complexity and delightful perfum that suited the lamb instead of a dry Chablis we were thinking of perhaps.
The little aperarifs and the amuse Boucher were great, as was the rose champagne cocktail and a muscatelle aperitif. Declious. The chef himslef came out and welcomed us and next had a chat with returning clients at a nearby talble. This was a wonderful surprise.
Next we had the speciality of lamb baked in clay, accompanied by gnocchi with black truffle chip. The vegetables with the lamb also came with a black truffle chip. Truly a signature dish! Well worth a try if you love lovely lamb, cooked the way you prefer.
Lastly we had dessert. I had the chocolate fondant with almond icecream and my wife had the dessert selection. The lime and lemon dessert she had was excellent, each citrus flavour distinct and a wonderful variety of textures. The strawberry wonderful too. Everything was perfect. Water was topped up always, as was our wine. Yep I can't fault anything really. Expensive but we were happy, having one of the best meals in many visits to France. Would love to come agin for lunch too.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Read the great reviews in here and decided to give it a go. I double check w the concierge of my hotel n they also highly recommended it. Even the taxi who drove us there said it's a good reataurant.

We went there for lunch. Not that full for Sunday. I love the patio area where it provides natural sunlight. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was amazing in terms of taste and presentation. Lunch set is a little pricey but it's definitely worth it.

1  Thank Urorayk
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We made the mistake of not going here earlier on in our holiday. Had we done so we could have had the lower priced ‘normal’ lunch menu; however we ended up going on May 8th which is a National Holiday in France (end of the Second Word War in Europe). The upside of this was that we managed to get a booking when we rang the day before; the down side was that the lower priced menu was not available, so we had the fixed price 73 euros version. That said, the food was excellent and the service also excellent. There were only around 12 diners, possibly because of the lack of the lower priced menu. With a Kir to start and a Rose wine, the bill came to 210 euros, so not cheap. We will go again on our next visit but try to plan the day we go better.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Based on prior experience we had great expectations. The meal started well with a lovely selection og amuse bouche and nice starters. The main courses for all nine diners varied from good to just ok. The desserts looked lovely, but tasted rather bland. The service was the main problem, and not at all what one would expect from a Michelin star reataurant. Food arrived before the wine, the different courses was not presented by the waiter and service was so slow that the food got cold before the sauce arrived. There was a lot of confusion about gluten free alternatives. There was a constant lack of water at the table and when reminded the waiter changed from distant and distracted to annoyed and borderline rude.

4  Thank Kirsten R
Reviewed 23 September 2013

To be fair, I'm simply not a fan of overly complex food. The last thing I want is to spend a lot of money on a meal and walk out feeling sick and that often happens to me in so-called gourmet restaurants that other people love. This restaurant certainly falls into that category. The service was fine, the atmosphere nice enough, although lacking in true design creativity, but the food, for me, was just very overworked. I had a shrimp first course and a sea bass and risotto main course and both were tasty but just really felt to me like the various ingredients were fighting with each other.